Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Pop Up Ads

Bringing this up in case the mods aren't aware of them. I know the companies constantly change stuff so you may not have been aware.

I keep getting this new type of ad that pops up when i click on a topic. Before i can go to the thread i want to view the ad  forces me to close it, you can't avoid it.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I keep getting this new type of ad that pops up when i click on a topic. Before i can go to the thread i want to view the ad  forces me to close it, you can't avoid it.

Just logged in and I got this too. 

For the record and so that everyone knows, Dave keeps the ads to a minimum on this site. The ad companies continually change how they do things and find ways to circumvent the settings/restrictions we put in place. We know everyone hates the ads and we appreciate those of you that still allow them to come through. The ad revenue, while not a lot, does help pay the bills.

3 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Are you guys aware of this issue with the homepage too?

0CC23B49-2827-42A3-B7D6-46DF648EECEF.jpeg.53ce076a25d718fa2e4ee1e9134a85a9.jpeg

Just letting you know in case you weren’t...

Yes, we had a server issue. Should be fixed now. 

The ads were Google's idea. I told them to stop. I suggested they needed to get more sunshine on their foreheads before making more major decisions. I was not in a good mood. 

I keep getting an ad for "inventions" on my work phone that looks like an "adult toy" i notified Google but i still see it. It wasn't an ad for an adult site, but it was an embedded thing with other silly inventions. 

This is a work phone so the only site i go to is this site and one for the nhl. Not sure why im being targeted for such filth.  On my home machine i never see it

58 minutes ago, youpey said:

I keep getting an ad for "inventions" on my work phone that looks like an "adult toy" i notified Google but i still see it. It wasn't an ad for an adult site, but it was an embedded thing with other silly inventions. 

This is a work phone so the only site i go to is this site and one for the nhl. Not sure why im being targeted for such filth.  On my home machine i never see it

Advertisers play all sorts of games with Google. It's super tiring. PM a screen shot to me, and I'll see if I can delete that ad in our Google account. 

24 minutes ago, Dave Ambrose said:

Advertisers play all sorts of games with Google. It's super tiring. PM a screen shot to me, and I'll see if I can delete that ad in our Google account. 

Pm sent with screenshot. I get it every day.

On 3/31/2021 at 11:36 AM, Mr. Metallic said:

Bringing this up in case the mods aren't aware of them. I know the companies constantly change stuff so you may not have been aware.

getting them too......

10 hours ago, Tabbysdaddy said:

Lol, amazing inventions. That one is on my screen right now. 

The creative dental dam thing? Been around for months. No way to reject it. I laugh someone actually invented that, it doesn’t fix all the problems, including but not limited to persuasion 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣