Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 April releases

Mr mopar

8 minutes ago, LVZ2881 said:

Is the 67 Mustang kit any good?

I’ve never bought one.

the front clip (bumper/grill/headlight area) doesnt fit well. the rear attaches ok, but not great. the trunk is put on seperate, so you can open the trunk, but if i remember correctly, there is no trunk detail, so you would need to build a trunk if you opened it. i never did

i am not a fan of the 67 kit, but only because the front clip is so bad. its  like its too big. 

Edited by youpey

1 hour ago, youpey said:

the front clip (bumper/grill/headlight area) doesnt fit well. the rear attaches ok, but not great. the trunk is put on seperate, so you can open the trunk, but if i remember correctly, there is no trunk detail, so you would need to build a trunk if you opened it. i never did

i am not a fan of the 67 kit, but only because the front clip is so bad. its  like its too big. 

The trunk is separate because the same base 90s era kit underpins this and the Shelby version. The "base" Mustang is the actual original tool, and the GT-350 is the modified reissue. So if you've got and built the "retro" Shelby kit, then you know what to expect here only with less go-fast.

28 minutes ago, David Miller said:

That Infinity T was last released in 2009 , I’ve got one and looked at the date , it looks exactly ... even the decals and box art are exactly the same . What gives ? 

It must have sold well enough to run again.......and the tooling is ready to go.....So......

The Infini-T was issued only once way back when, in that packaging.  So any nostalgic reissues would logically be in that same packaging.  It might be one of those deals where the people at Round 2 figure the kit will sell X number of pieces, no more/no less, regardless of what box it is in.  So why do new box art?  The new issue does have lettered tires, so there is at least some added content.  I've already got one from the last release and won't be getting this one, so I didn't pay attention...will this one have a bigger decal sheet or tinted clear parts also?

44 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

I'm for 3 of them Turbine truck engines !

I do hope that it includes the exhaust stacks and supports:

https://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truckkit_instructions/amt/t510_gmc_astro_95_w/amtt510_gmc_astro-7.html#media

Instructions for said turbine engine:

https://public.fotki.com/modeltrucks25thscale/truckkit_instructions/amt/t510_gmc_astro_95_w/amtt510_gmc_astro-1.html

7 hours ago, David Miller said:

That Infinity T was last released in 2009 , I’ve got one and looked at the date , it looks exactly ... even the decals and box art are exactly the same . What gives ? 

The short easy answer is Round2 doesn't make a penny from a kit released 13 yrs ago sitting in your kit collection when you sell it to the next person. It hasn't been on retail shelves in probably 10 years at least. The U.S. industry "standard" so to speak has traditionally been 8 years between reissues on existing tooling, so if anything it's overdue.

7 hours ago, PintoKING said:

Yes it does come with stack supports and  the bigger stacks !

All of the parts for the turbine engine were likely grouped together in the original kit, so all should be included.  I need one or two of those, I picked up the issue of the truck kit a few years back...the turbine engine was the only thing assembled, and very poorly.  I can probably get it apart, but the exhaust stacks are on upside down...a whole new engine will fix all that...

55 minutes ago, dbostream said:

Think I will buy the Mustang only for the nice box art.

The old revell 65/66 mustang is an amazing kit if you like the fastback body style. The 67 fastback is sleeker looking

This is my revell 65 kit from years ago. Its really dusty now but it does build nicely 

20210401_132620.jpg

20210401_132607.jpg

20210401_132719.jpg

1 hour ago, youpey said:

The old revell 65/66 mustang is an amazing kit if you like the fastback body style. The 67 fastback is sleeker looking

This is my revell 65 kit from years ago. Its really dusty now but it does build nicely 

20210401_132620.jpg

20210401_132607.jpg

20210401_132719.jpg

Thanks I will look it up. Your build looks great.

21 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I have two from back in the original kit.....both white.......

Yes, Chad got that part wrong, but no biggie. The two GT-404s I've seen images  on online are both painted that same seafoam green-ish color, so Round2 likely decided to go with green for that reason and to differentiate the parts from original parts included with the AMT GMC Astro 95 kit. 

gt360-107w-1.jpg

I'm really glad to see this engine return as it's a real gem. 

Edited by Casey