Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1966 Chevy Fleetside.

A few progress pics of my 1966 Chevy Fleetside that I'm building as a tow vehicle for my AMT customizing boat and trailer that will have the same color scheme. The body is a custom mix of Decoart Extreme Sheen Garnet and Delta Ceramcoat Black Pearl craft paints. The cab and roof are painted in the Black Pearl. I'm really liking the look so far and hope to get the interior painted tomorrow and the clear on Friday or Saturday.

DSCN6252.JPG

DSCN6259.JPG

DSCN6272.JPG

DSCN6273.JPG

DSCN6274.JPG

DSCN6276.JPG

22 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Looks sharp. Did you use the same clear as on the Trans Am?

Nope, I used Decoart Duraclear Gloss Varnish on the white and blue Trans Am's, and for this truck I airbrushed on a couple coats of Pledge Floor Gloss. I wasn't going to try to wet sand the clear on this truck, so the Pledge was the way to go.

20 minutes ago, Lorne said:

not to steal away from your build but here is the potential 

truck out1.jpg

That looks awesome! I don't do many trucks, but I could definitely see the potential as I was building this one. I have the '66 Suburban kit, which shares a lot of parts with it, and bought a Jimmy Flintstone Chopped Delivery body and Lex's Scale Modeling Cowl Induction Hood for it. It will be modified with larger tires and lowered all around with a different motor/trans combo. Not sure when I'll get to it, but I have some serious plans for it.

DSCN3022.JPG

DSCN3025.JPG

I tried a feeble attempt at a cowl hood wish I would have found what you found with the  Lex's Scale Modeling Cowl Induction Hood!!! This will be a very cool panel truck. I will be watching

thanks for the reply

L

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2021 at 8:35 AM, Lorne said:

not to steal away from your build but here is the potential 

truck out1.jpg

Let's see some more pics with details😲. That is just plain and unusual punishment, showing us that without a link to where we can see more of it.