Model Cars Magazine Forum

moebius models customer service for warped part

i emailed moebius last week for a really warped parts to see if i could get a replacement pieces, but i did not hear back. do they typically write back or do i need to call (is there a phone number to call)? 

this is not the first time i got really warped parts from moebius. i bought 2 of the 70s ford kits and both of them had warped hoods. more recently, i bought three of the 60s ford kits and two they have warped tailgates

i think i will stop buying their products at this point.

I bought one of their 1962 Pontics. The windshield was scratched up so bad it looked like doo doo. I emailed them with the problem. For $12.00 they would send me new glass. I WON"T be getting another kit from Moebius!

Edited by Mike Stem

its been 2 weeks since i emailed them with no response. i i guess i will need to just use the warped pieces. my  birthday is coming up and my wife was looking for an idea for me, and i was going to get another moebius kit. there is no chance of that now. i guess i will get a phillies hat instead.

unfortunately i bought the models sealed from ebay and not a real store. if i had bought from a real store, i guess i could have returned it. i am such a stickler for my models being as close to perfect as they can be, these will probably never be built

1 hour ago, Mike Stem said:

I bought one of their 1962 Pontics. The windshield was scratched up so bad it looked like doo doo. I emailed them with the problem. For $12.00 they would send me new glass. I WON"T be getting another kit from Moebius!

i would never pay for new glass. that is crazy.  say what you will about revell, i never had to pay for a broken or defective part from them

I emailed them again today asking them to follow up with me

Edited by youpey

Moebius' line must be packing the contents before they're fully-cooled . Their boxes are packed tighter than the south-end of a Goldfish , which certainly contributes to the warping  .

The only Moebius kit I have is the Model King release of the 1970 F-100 short bed from c.2013 . My copy doesn't seem to have any warping issues , but I have approached their kits with lots of trepidation .

2 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Moebius' line must be packing the contents before they're fully-cooled . Their boxes are packed tighter than the south-end of a Goldfish , which certainly contributes to the warping  .

The only Moebius kit I have is the Model King release of the 1970 F-100 short bed from c.2013 . My copy doesn't seem to have any warping issues , but I have approached their kits with lots of trepidation .

honestly, i appreciate them sending the pieces, but i dont know if i will buy a kit again from them.  i understand things happen, but it happens too often with this brand. its a shame, because the kit looks like it would be top notch.

unfortunately i get build concepts in my head and i run with it. when i got the kit, i really wanted a nice pickup. this one was going to get farm decals on it, or something like that, to be a work truck. once i got held up, i moved onto a new build and honestly dont have any interest in it anymore. 

anyway, im moving onto an 80's style hot hatch set. i have a tamiya morris mini cooper, and i have on order the old fujimi autobianchi a112 abarth kit.  i started the mini already, but once a112 kit comes, i will work on that. 

On 4/6/2021 at 6:32 AM, youpey said:

I would never pay for new glass. that is crazy.  say what you will about Revell, I never had to pay for a broken or defective part from them

I'll say something about Revell, I'm still waiting for a decal sheet from 3 months ago. I even sent them a pic of the defect which showed clearly they cut it off too soon.