Model Cars Magazine Forum

1975 Dodge Dart Sport

ModelcarJR

Thanks, Charlie, Carl, and Ed! I appreciate your comments! 

Built the engine and added a pre-wired distributor, coil, heater hoses and a radiator hose replacement. The engine is the automatic transmission small block (I'll call it a 318) from the 2980 Volare. I added a taller carburetor from the parts box to get the air cleaner a little higher to clear the valve covers. I had to bend the distributor back a bit but I don't think it is very noticeable. The master brake cylinder is from the Volare as well. I need to touch up in a few places and add some blackwash to the aluminum parts. Thanks for looking!  😎

enhance

enhance

enhance

4 hours ago, ModelcarJR said:

Built the engine and added a pre-wired distributor, coil, heater hoses and a radiator hose replacement. The engine is the automatic transmission small block (I'll call it a 318) from the 2980 Volare. I added a taller carburetor from the parts box to get the air cleaner a little higher to clear the valve covers. I had to bend the distributor back a bit but I don't think it is very noticeable. The master brake cylinder is from the Volare as well. I need to touch up in a few places and add some blackwash to the aluminum parts. Thanks for looking!  😎

enhance

enhance

enhance

I guess it's nit picking, but the coil is on the wrong side. That's where the kick down linkage for the transmission goes along with the cable for the carbs throttle.  Looks too much like a gm air cleaner. Plugs tilt towards each other on a 273, 318, 360 and 340 Mopar's. 

7 hours ago, ModelcarJR said:

enhance

enhance

enhance

That's a cute engine! Good job. I like the colour choices, and the spark plugs in of themselves are nice.

Thanks, All I appreciate your comments! D. W.,  two of your three comments are not nit-pickin' at all.  I agree that the coil is on the wrong side so I moved to the right. Next, I painted the original air cleaner in the 75 Dart kit to use it. But I had to stay up all night boring out the 318 to a 340 so that I could use the Dave's Speed Shop 340 decal for the air cleaner !😁 But he position of the spark plug boots - I agree that is nit-pickin"!  But its now on wheels. Granny has a 4 barrel, 340 for getting her groceries! 

I had to add three pieces of plastic strip on each side of the fender liner in order to level up the doghouse to glue three sides to the body. That's about all that can be glued to hold the body on. Its not perfect but it will do.  I am hoping that I can use the rear bumper to trap the frame in the back. Not there yet.  Thanks for looking! 😎

enhance

enhance

enhance

Edited by ModelcarJR
Post pictures

22 hours ago, ModelcarJR said:

Thanks, All I appreciate your comments! D. W.,  two of your three comments are not nit-pickin' at all.  I agree that the coil is on the wrong side so I moved to the right. Next, I painted the original air cleaner in the 75 Dart kit to use it. But I had to stay up all night boring out the 318 to a 340 so that I could use the Dave's Speed Shop 340 decal for the air cleaner !😁 But he position of the spark plug boots - I agree that is nit-pickin"!  But its now on wheels. Granny has a 4 barrel, 340 for getting her groceries! 

I had to add three pieces of plastic strip on each side of the fender liner in order to level up the doghouse to glue three sides to the body. That's about all that can be glued to hold the body on. Its not perfect but it will do.  I am hoping that I can use the rear bumper to trap the frame in the back. Not there yet.  Thanks for looking! 😎

enhance

enhance

enhance

I'm glad you bored it out. I would stuck a 360 in it and put 318 decals on it just to cheat. lol Looks good.

Thanks, All! I appreciate your comments! D.W., I would have put a 318 decal on it but I haven't ever seen one! 

Grandpa insisted that Grandma put tie-downs on the hood to keep the powerful 340, 4 barrel under the hood! The hood doesn't fit well either but I am tired of playing with it. I used a standard Mopar mirror from the parts box because the sport mirrors included in both kits (and others) are ugly. I also still have to dot the door locks with some chrome. So now its done! Not a great kit but its out of my closet! Thanks for looking! 😎

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance