Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Vega drag car .

cobraman

I started with the Grumpy kit but did not want to do the Grumpy car . I added a Connkur pre wired distributor , coil, and radiator hose . Paint is Tamiya TS 23 light blue and Tamiya TS 89 Pearl Blue . I didn’t like the chrome wheels but was out of dull coat so I sprayed the with Testors Black Chrome . Not the look I was going for but I don’t hate it , after market and parts box decals . 

1A090104-9BBE-440A-BCBA-78CDB46CC671.jpeg

9F8A428E-CC53-412D-B499-D7CB281DD0AE.jpeg

F713A642-77EA-40FC-B3A1-E7AB7F54D289.jpeg

79E61B4B-B59B-45B3-8FF5-2B1CD013BB5B.jpeg

A1DC362C-FC6F-404E-99E3-BF10FED8BB6D.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cobraman said:

Thank you all !  Did nobody notice I used a FORD 427 Shelby Cobra engine ?  I thought for sure i would get some hate mail !  How disappointing . 😀

I did, Vegas needed a Ford engine to go fast....even John Lingenfelter raced a Pinto before moving on to Vettes...

On 4/6/2021 at 8:59 PM, cobraman said:

Thank you all !  Did nobody notice I used a FORD 427 Shelby Cobra engine ?  I thought for sure i would get some hate mail !  How disappointing . 😀

Good idea Ray!  There is nothing wrong with that especially when you are a Cobra fan like you...  It's easier to transplant mechanics than body parts anyway!  It fits him like a glove by the way!!!