Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Chevy "Hot Rod"

TransAmMike

Mike, I dont care for the molowtow pens because they take forever to dry and even when you touch it after a few days it dulls badly. This testors pen which I haven't used yet, looks like it gives amazing results. I will ask the guy if I can post a picture of one of his builds here so you can see what he's talking about.

3 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Mike, I dont care for the molowtow pens because they take forever to dry and even when you touch it after a few days it dulls badly. This testors pen which I haven't used yet, looks like it gives amazing results. I will ask the guy if I can post a picture of one of his builds here so you can see what he's talking about.

Well, using a combination of the very first sheet of BMF I ever bought several years ago, the 2d sheet I bought and the Ultra I managed to get all the window trim on.  I prefer to wait to post pictures but It came out pretty good. Not perfect by any means, but I wonder if thats even possible (for me at least)

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2021 at 8:59 AM, MarkJ said:

The movie is hilarious. Warren Oates, the sergeant from the movie "stripes", is in it. If you do a google search, you can watch the trailer, which shows you all you need to know about the movie. One of the beachboys is also in it. Dennis Wilson plays James Taylor's mechanic. 

Not to drift too far off topic, but Two Lane Blacktop is highly under-rated. What it lacks in drama and car chases, it more than makes up for in authenticity. It really does have a good story line, plus the added bonus of a time machine road trip away from the tedium of the interstate. TLB is a better snapshot of the past than even American Graffiti. And if you get the Criterion version with the two commentaries, even better. 

Looking forward to seeing that black & red 55 finished!