Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any news of Revell do something this year !

Mr mopar

This has been covered in a couple threads..several new and modified releases coming from the German side (the Jaguar XK-E coupe and roadster, VW van variations, new tool 70s Porsche 911, etc),  and the Bronco pickup w/ off road vehicle on a trailer...

5 minutes ago, Rob Hall said:

This has been covered in a couple threads..several new and modified releases coming from the German side (the Jaguar XK-E coupe and roadster, VW van variations, new tool 70s Porsche 911, etc),  and the Bronco pickup w/ off road vehicle on a trailer...

Right sorry about that !

1 hour ago, Richard Bartrop said:

So just like the C8.

Though I haven't heard even a hint of a suggestion that GM was considering a FWD Corvette.

I think he means Front Engine/ Rwd.

That’s the rumor  I’ve heard as well.

Edited by LVZ2881

We'll see, I guess. Right now, even with car sales taking a hit from the plague, the new one is outselling the old one.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/01/chevrolet-corvette-sales-numbers-figures-results-fourth-quarter-q4-2020/

The only thing I'd heard is that because of all the money  and personel GM is putting into electrics, they're going to hold off on any major redesigns of the Corvette for a while, though they may redo the interior.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/36039/gm-reassigns-corvette-engineers-to-electric-and-autonomous-cars-some-not-happy-with-move-report

Edited by Richard Bartrop

12 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

So just like the C8.

Though I haven't heard even a hint of a suggestion that GM was considering a FWD Corvette.

I meant front engine lol. Senior moment there lol. The reason I heard was it's too hard to work on.

Edited by Classicgas

11 hours ago, Richard Bartrop said:

We'll see, I guess. Right now, even with car sales taking a hit from the plague, the new one is outselling the old one.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/01/chevrolet-corvette-sales-numbers-figures-results-fourth-quarter-q4-2020/

This is what surprises me about them considering to make the C9 front engine again. The new one is selling like crazy. I thought, with what must have been a HUGE investment to make it rear engine, that there was no going back. 

In other news, I wish we would see more from Revell. I am here looking at second gen and third gen Camaro/Firebird kits, and they are going at a premium. Even the `79 Camaro kit, which has been reissued a million times, is going for too much than I want to pay. Would be nice to see them re-release some of the existing kits at least. 

1 hour ago, Hawk312 said:

This is what surprises me about them considering to make the C9 front engine again. The new one is selling like crazy. I thought, with what must have been a HUGE investment to make it rear engine, that there was no going back. 

The same article also talks about bringing back the split rear window, so maybe take it with a grain of salt?  There's always speculation about the Corvette.  See all the mid engine 'Vette rumours over the decades.

https://carbuzz.com/news/c9-corvette-will-return-to-front-engine-layout

I suspect the C8 is going to be around for a while, if only because GM has other priorities.

1 hour ago, Hawk312 said:

In other news, I wish we would see more from Revell. I am here looking at second gen and third gen Camaro/Firebird kits, and they are going at a premium. Even the `79 Camaro kit, which has been reissued a million times, is going for too much than I want to pay. Would be nice to see them re-release some of the existing kits at least. 

I'd like to see more too, both new releases, and some old favourites,  but with all the stuff that's been happening with the company over the past few years, I'm happy they're putting out any new product at all.

6 hours ago, PintoKING said:

Wasn't Revell "supposed" to do an all-new 1971 Mustang?

Yes, and development work is underway on an all-new 1971 Boss 351 it at this time.  My guess (entirely my own supposition, no insider info here) would be it will hit the market some time next year.  At least one additional variant is also likely to appear somewhat later....TIM  

Sweet. LOVE me a new flat-back 'Stang.

With the Revell AG/Carrera Slots angle, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a C8.R first this time, if ANYTHING for the new 'Vette in plastic. 

S550 got short shrift for years, and seeing how difficult GM apparently was about the C7, looks like the most deserving Corvette in history will now follow suit.

On 4/9/2021 at 10:02 AM, Richard Bartrop said:

The same article also talks about bringing back the split rear window, so maybe take it with a grain of salt?  There's always speculation about the Corvette.  See all the mid engine 'Vette rumours over the decades.

https://carbuzz.com/news/c9-corvette-will-return-to-front-engine-layout

I suspect the C8 is going to be around for a while, if only because GM has other priorities.

I'd like to see more too, both new releases, and some old favourites,  but with all the stuff that's been happening with the company over the past few years, I'm happy they're putting out any new product at all.

Note the day the article was published.....Gotcha.

On 4/9/2021 at 2:07 PM, tim boyd said:

Yes, and development work is underway on an all-new 1971 Boss 351 it at this time.  My guess (entirely my own supposition, no insider info here) would be it will hit the market some time next year.  At least one additional variant is also likely to appear somewhat later....TIM  

Grande? Converible?

I just hope its not simply a Mach1, I need variations!