Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any news of Revell do something this year !

Mr mopar

Most interesting.  When I last checked about three months ago, there was no definitive info on a reissue of the '30A Coupe kit.  I'm checking with sources there to see if this has changed.  The fresh box art above is certainly a very promising sign - either that or an exceptionally well done fake!   TIM  

1 minute ago, '70 Grande said:

Looks like a couple of kits I'll be wanting to purchase here... any idea what kit has "leaked-into" the bottom of that Henry-J photo? Looks like it might be an early-1970's Mopar. 

That's the Dom '71 GTX !

5 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Most interesting.  When I last checked about three months ago, there was no definitive info on a reissue of the '30A Coupe kit.  I'm checking with sources there to see if this has changed.  The fresh box art above is certainly a very promising sign - either that or an exceptionally well done fake!   TIM  

Oh, I think they were just being coy.  Maybe under-promising and over-delivering?

🙂

IMPORTANT UPDATE - I've been told by a trusted source that the '30A box art is legit.

It was just shown at an IPMS event by a representative for Revell.

Firm release date unknown....participants at the show were told possibly mid-summer, personally I would plan for sometime later. Will let you know if/when I hear a firm release date.  

TIM <

I wonder if the Henry J will have the wheels pictured...it'll sell better if they go back to the original parts and junk those awful Cragar Super Tricks, that too-dropped front axle, and that goofy looking quick-change rear end.  Be even better if the frame looked like something that someone actually used...

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Since I'll probably never get my Mini Exotics Mirage built, this might be the next best thing. Wonder what the price on it will be? 

It's just the Fujimi kit reboxed, those are usually available pretty far and wide for less than I imagine this will sell for on the shelf.

2 hours ago, PintoKING said:

Will the 1930 Ford "A" include stock fenders? I sure hope so!

The 30 Ford will be the 30 Ford, the tooling was restored, but nothing has been added other than fulfilling the other half of the engine "swap" and will come with the Buick mill.

8 hours ago, tim boyd said:

IMPORTANT UPDATE - I've been told by a trusted source that the '30A box art is legit.

It was just shown at an IPMS event by a representative for Revell.

Firm release date unknown....participants at the show were told possibly mid-summer, personally I would plan for sometime later. Will let you know if/when I hear a firm release date.  

TIM <

Exciting!  Thanks for the scoop Tim!

8 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

The 30 Ford will be the 30 Ford, the tooling was restored, but nothing has been added other than fulfilling the other half of the engine "swap" and will come with the Buick mill.

What James said.  Decals are also updated per the images posted above.  Other than those engine and decal sheet changes, should be identical to the original release.....TIM