Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any news of Revell do something this year !

Mr mopar

On 8/7/2021 at 9:36 PM, Casey said:

I was hoping for the Street Rat version of the '66 Malibu

To me the black kit is the best one but I'll settle for either 😁 Always liked these kits... I had actually heard a rumor that Atlantis had aquired the tooling for the kit but if Revell still has it then that's great news.

I would love to see a new decal sheet and fresh boxart on this one.

On 6/27/2021 at 9:39 AM, Richard Bartrop said:

Depends on the shade of pink, of course.  A coral pink, like the old Testors pink, looks really good on it.

56Tbird1.png

Your's looks a heck of a lot better than the box art build. Who built it over did it on the foil, and the colors are too loud. It looks like one of those pull back cars you can get at the grocery store. Your's looks like a real one.

Edited by Dave Darby

On 8/7/2021 at 9:36 PM, Casey said:

Could very well be a Revell 1/25 Z/28 Camaro, like so:

Revell1980Catlog4-vi.jpg

Sounds like it might be a new variant-- the hardtop body combined with the BBC pieces from the convertible kit, which did have the 396 BBC:

s-l1600.jpg

I was hoping for the Street Rat version of the '66 Malibu SS, but it sounds like it'll be the other one:

s-l1600.jpg

boxart2.jpg.6d943e7e0b3ad78277816ff6f550c08c.jpg

I used to own the box art car!  Revell had donated a bunch of box art  cars to the International Model Car Museum who sold them at the GSL Auction years ago.   I gave it away as the raffle prize at NNL East. 

On 8/14/2021 at 9:17 PM, disconovaman said:

To me the black kit is the best one but I'll settle for either 😁

I have to wonder if the parts specific to the Street Rat/red version are lost and gone forever, as it's been 20+ years since it's been reissued, and the black version has been seen multiple times in that span.

41 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

87CB10E5-BC33-4637-9702-517384EDA47F.png

Or not. Looks like a mix of parts from both versions, with new BFG tire decals. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Casey said:

I have to wonder if the parts specific to the Street Rat/red version are lost and gone forever, as it's been 20+ years since it's been reissued, and the black version has been seen multiple times in that span.

Or not. Looks like a mix of parts from both versions, with new BFG tire decals. 

The chevelle kit does say 2 n 1 🤔

8 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Lettuce hope that the tyres are new castings . Those old tyres from the originals are pretty yucky -- second only to AMT's Rallye GT  'snow tyres' from the 70's-80's ! 

Bet they're the same tires.  The Blue Bandito reissue included those tires as an option, with the lettering removed.

One of the Testors Boyd Coddington kits included four tires that fit those Monogram wheels perfectly.  I believe it was the Aluma Coupe.  Jimmy Flintstone used those same tires in some of his resin kits that were sold through Testors.  He sold off surplus sets of bagged tires at NNL East for a couple of years, I'm glad I snagged a couple of extra sets of those.

The Malibu having "all the parts" will make it a parts gold mine, both sets of wheels are very good as are both hood scoops.  The suspension parts are pretty decent also.  Seeing it molded in white will be interesting too.

14 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Those old tyres from the originals are pretty yucky

I always thought the tires fit the car well... The Centerlines were my favorite but the slots always made good 4X4 wheels for trucks other than the small problem of being 5 lug 😆

16-57-46--40-19e1e3f2732d788d.jpeg

Edited by disconovaman

On 8/20/2021 at 8:05 PM, 1st 700 Quad said:

Just ask Ertl they built a whole company around it.

I've been wondering who owns the tooling for those old 1/25 farm kits. I didn't plan on, but wound up visiting the Tomy shop and toy tractor museum in Dyersville, and never thought to enquire about them. 

16 hours ago, peteski said:

I've heard that they are not producing those farm kits due to licensing issues.

That's what I mean. Tomy is selling all of the ertl john deere diecasts. But who owns the plastic now🤷🏼‍♂️