Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/43 AC Cobra

Bodnarus

That is a very nice kit (in small scale). You did a great job building it.  Some years ago I have built that one, and the Corvette.  Too bad Monogram did not continue that series, but I guess that 1:43 scale did not appeal to most modelers.

10 hours ago, peteski said:

That is a very nice kit (in small scale). You did a great job building it.  Some years ago I have built that one, and the Corvette.  Too bad Monogram did not continue that series, but I guess that 1:43 scale did not appeal to most modelers.

It's a cultural thing. The 1/43 scale is popular in Europe, especially France. Heller, Starter, Provence Moulage have issued dozens of models. But the Monogram kits were far and away the best I've seen in terms of fit and engineering. 

21 hours ago, Bodnarus said:

It's a cultural thing. The 1/43 scale is popular in Europe, especially France. Heller, Starter, Provence Moulage have issued dozens of models. But the Monogram kits were far and away the best I've seen in terms of fit and engineering. 

It’s a great little kit and imagine if they did other race cars or just upsized this kit to 1/25 or 1/24 or did a FIA body version.  I think these kits were underpriced for the quality.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:37 AM, cobraman said:

Love this kit !  Built a couple. I have this one in the stash that I got for 7 bucks years ago . I have another coming later this week . 

5D0193B1-6691-4C53-A392-A7219A3EEFE0.jpeg

198AD5A7-2901-43E7-905B-3A0E0EABB682.jpeg

What a steal. I paid the princely sum of 24.00 for mine. Worth every penny!

On 4/14/2021 at 7:24 PM, carl63_99 said:

Really nice work!  I built the Corvette about 20 years ago. The Vette is almost exactly like the parts count for the 25th scale one, but some parts are photo-etch. Great little builds!

20210414_211505.jpg

Very awesome. Good idea including the quarter. I don't think people realize just how miniature these kits are because the detail is so impressive. 

As a kid in the 80s I remember going to new car shows and bemoaning that new cars didn't look like this. That stingray dash! 

Edited by Bodnarus