Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 ford fairlane 500

michelle

Nice job Michelle! Love the color! I’m building the Gas Ronda Thunderbolt version of this (Revell I assume kit) and am making all kinds of mistakes as I go but having fun. So far I haven’t broken the front suspension assembly but can see how easily it can happen (the two bulky A arms tethered by a very thin connecting link).  The headers on the racing version of this kit are a bear to assemble to engine/ chassis.
The kit I’m building has very nice chrome parts, particularly the bumpers and front grill. Did you sprayed your chrome with aluminum paint?

Thanks for sharing! Hoping to share my Thunderbolt on here soon if I don’t first take a hammer to it!

1 hour ago, papajohn97 said:

Nice job Michelle! Love the color! I’m building the Gas Ronda Thunderbolt version of this (Revell I assume kit) and am making all kinds of mistakes as I go but having fun. So far I haven’t broken the front suspension assembly but can see how easily it can happen (the two bulky A arms tethered by a very thin connecting link).  The headers on the racing version of this kit are a bear to assemble to engine/ chassis.
The kit I’m building has very nice chrome parts, particularly the bumpers and front grill. Did you sprayed your chrome with aluminum paint?

Thanks for sharing! Hoping to share my Thunderbolt on here soon if I don’t first take a hammer to it!

thank you and yes i do not like the mirror like chrome 

40 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

Turned out looking excellent, despite the fit issues you had. Nicely done.

thank you