Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 chevy impala ss

michelle

this is the recent reissue of this revell kit   the downside is the lack of clearity as to what chassis parts were for the lowrider build option and what parts were for the  factory stock option 
which left me guessing i ended up replacing the whole rear suspension  cause of this issue and cause of fit issues when the parts wer glued to gether for the kit supplied rear suspension  it did not line up with the holes and recessed areas the suspension parts were supose to connect to so i replaced it 
i also swapped out the rims for a set of standard chevy muscle car wheels   
i painted the body testors extreme lacquer deja blue  left the roof white and did the interior in white 

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

IMG_1713.JPG

IMG_1714.JPG

IMG_1716.JPG

IMG_1717.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

27 minutes ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Michelle!

Wow, nice build.

And even with the rear suspension headaches you encountered, the stance and rake end up exactly like the "day 2" muscle cars of the era, as far as I can remember.

Bravo!

CT 

thank you 

52 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Perfect 70s rake!

thanks 

11 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Ditto what most other have said, you are improving with experience. Cool looking Impala, kinda old school late '60s hot rod.  Oh, and very nice interior👍

thank you 

16 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Pretty clean build! Kinda odd to see leaf springs peeking out from the rear of a '66 Impala, but also kinda cool. Nice "sit." Model on! B)

thank you  it was the only type of revell ones i had the wheels backs from the kit work with 

1 hour ago, Steve H said:

Hi Michelle, as the others have said, your builds just keep getting better with each project. This looks great, nice colour combo, love the blue. You have been busy!! 

Cheers, Steve

thank you