Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Jeffcad

Hi guys.

Sharing with you my very new conversion. I have made this 1966 Fleetwood Brougham out of a Jo-Han Coupe DeVille kit. The original kit was unpainted but fully built under thick layers of glue... It needed a refresh and a bit of love. Fleetwood's roofs are higher than DeVilles, so to get closer to the real car I created a new raised and elongated vinyl roof to receive the thin B and larger C pillars,  also created new rear vent windows, new doors and interior wood-ish panels, new seats and floor carpet, new lower body molding trims and chromes, hand sanded paint and clear coats, white walls etc...Hope some will like it!

IM8A6589.JPG

IM8A6586.JPG

IM8A6587.JPG

IM8A6584.JPG

IM8A6595.JPG

IM8A6592.JPG

IM8A6594.JPG

IM8A6596.JPG

IM8A6600.JPG

On 4/12/2021 at 6:50 AM, David G. said:

Beautifully done!

Do you have any "before" pictures to post?

David G.

Hi David, sorry I did not take any pics of the primary shape. I'll do it with the next Cadillac I have also bought damaged, such as a 1967 Coupe DeVille iI am converting nto a Sedan deVille.

11 minutes ago, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Jean-Philippe!

Wow, this is "factory" quality conversion work, bravo! In my view, this mid-sixty vintage is one of the most visually pleasing Caddy. You nailed it!

CT 

Salut Claude!

Mille merci pour tes compliments. It's really appreciated. Design in 66 was "again" a success for Cadillac those years , neat and elegant.

Next conversions to come, Sedan DeVille 1976 and Fleetwood Brougham Coupe 1983. Thanks again !