Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan 60 Desoto Adventurer Resto-Mod

thatz4u

This is the second of my Winter projects..the first was the Mod Squad Mercury Wagon. WIP

The Desoto was missing a few parts, so I dug into the parts box & used the radiator cradle & firewall from an AMT 70 Dodge, the engine was built from 3 different Mopar kits, wheels & tires are Pegasus.

Paint is Tamiya TS 54, Light Metallic Blue.  Comments welcome.

60desoto1.jpg

60desoto2.jpg

60desoto3.jpg

Edited by thatz4u

19 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Beautiful build! It's too bad these old Desoto and Chrysler kits are long-gone and unlikely kits for a new-n-improved new tooling.

Mark, I totally agree.....maybe someday we can bring them back with 3-D printing...

5 hours ago, Sledsel said:

Sweet looking build! 

As many said, this (and others) are long gone which is too bad.

Wasn't Moebius supposed to have the 58 Dodge?

Andy, thanks. yes it is tooo bad that they are gone,,,Moebius couldn't come to an agreement with the die owner, according to net rumors..

19 hours ago, Tiger89 said:

Nice, I'm working on this old kit myself.  Someone told me these USA Oldies re-releases were about $2 each at K-Marts in the late 70s, and hardly anyone wanted them.

thanks, David, I would gladly give $4.00 ea if I could find them......LOL

3 hours ago, thatz4u said:

thanks, David, I would gladly give $4.00 ea if I could find them......LOL

Back in early 1980s in one of my failed attempts to get back into the hobby, a local hobby shop had a % off coupon so I went and bought some 5 Johans at $5-6 each. I thought I spent a lot then!

19 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Back in early 1980s in one of my failed attempts to get back into the hobby, a local hobby shop had a % off coupon so I went and bought some 5 Johans at $5-6 each. I thought I spent a lot then!

Tom, if you still have them I will give you double what you paid for them........LOL😉