Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tim Flock 1956 Chrysler

Goodwrench3

1 hour ago, MarkJ said:

Excellent build. Do you have any details about the paint used and the decals and anything else I forgot to mention.  Again,  a very beautiful, flawless build.

Thanks.   It's far from "flawless" LOL (I know where the skeletons are buried).   But I was happy with how it turned out for me (i.e. it looks pretty good on the shelf in my family room).  It's the first Moebius kit I've built.  The one thing I learned is you have to be critical of the Moebius instructions -- there are problems with them.

The paint for the body is supposed to be a "Cloud White".  The instructions call out a Testors color (Testors Auto Lacquer Wimbledon White), but those have "vaporized" from existence and I couldn't find any.  I used Tamiya (rattle can) white primer and then Tamiya TS-7 Racing White.

The seats and interior panels were painted with Krylon 2423 Satin River Rock.  This looked like a close match to the 1:1 car upholstery that I found in a photo of a '56 Chrysler.

Decals were straight from the kit.  No real problems putting them down -- some Micro Set needed to get them around some curves.

Thanks for the nice comments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 7:29 AM, Dominik said:

llike it a lot! looks beautiful and perfect (clean and smooth)

Thank you !!   but in all honesty -- it's not "perfect".  LOL.   There are mistakes, but luckily it looks pretty good in the pictures.

• 2 weeks later...