Model Cars Magazine Forum

Congratulations "doorsovdoon"!!

I have to offer my congratulations to forum member Gareth Muldoon, (doorsovdoon) for his full page spread in the "forum finds" section of MCM issue #208 of his 1971 Thunderbird!

Great work Gareth, and a hearty congratulations!!!

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

4 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Uh? What's "Forum Finds"? I did indeed do a WIP on a '71 T-Bird and posted in Under Glass, but that's about it, I never wrote a full page spread! Was it entered into some sort of competition? Have I won something? Lol! 

Tim, our art director, has been picking out good builds to feature in the magazine. 208 is the first issue with forum finds. I can't say you've won anything except recognition for an outstanding build. That said, I'd like to see that change. 

6 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Uh? What's "Forum Finds"? I did indeed do a WIP on a '71 T-Bird and posted in Under Glass, but that's about it, I never wrote a full page spread! Was it entered into some sort of competition? Have I won something? Lol! 

I see that you are just as surprised as I was to find out that my '65 Fury was on the cover as well as inside, along with my '68 Olds as part of the "dscV-16" contest coverage.

Think of it this way.

No prizes or remuneration, but you get to see one of your models in print, along with everyone else that buys the magazine.

What could be cooler than that! ;)

Better pick up a copy!

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Ah, ok, that's neat! I'm honoured! Never thought any of my builds would be magazine worthy! Cheers, guys🤩

Here's the kit. I remember going into it with little enthusiasm but it turned out to be a little hidden gem by AMT!

'71 T-Bird.jpg

Edited by doorsovdoon

1 minute ago, Brutalform said:

Congratulations on your build being chosen. Fantastic work!

Thanks, Tom. It was a bit of surprise I must say. The first I knew anything about this was when I was randomly scrolling through topics and seen a thread titled "Congratulations doorsovdoon" Lol! 

On 4/15/2021 at 12:15 PM, StevenGuthmiller said:

No prizes or remuneration, but you get to see one of your models in print, along with everyone else that buys the magazine.

It’s every modeler’s goal to one day see their work in a magazine!  Your life is complete!