Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 cadillac eldorado convertible

michelle

this is the johan  76  eldorado rancher kit  which i got from thomascoffey1959 
i cut the roof off  and curbsided it  the engine with the kit was a standard oldmobile engine instead of a standard caddy engine  plus i do not know what type of engin the maroon 5 beautiful mistakes music video eldorado had 
i hand made the  i heart la  front licence plate and the  la is toxic rear licence plate the music video car had 
i also made the adam levine  and megan thee stallion figures   for it   buy modifying and kitbashing different  1/25th and 1/24th scale figures 
i hand painted the leopard print seat and dash  top covers  
the body of the caddy is painted in rust-oleum 2x ultimate high gloss prickly pear 
i also moded the front seat divider buy having it folded down like a armrest 
the  eldorado in the music video is a 74 with a 73 grille  this 76 was the closest i could get 
i did try to use these set of square shaped side mirros thar matched the shap of the ones of the music video car had  but they would not stay on they either drooped or fell off  then i tryied to scratch make ones that would fit  but they  just looked horrible    so i decided to remove them a skip them 

IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1778.JPG

IMG_1777.JPG

IMG_1776.JPG

IMG_1775.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1780.JPG

1 minute ago, Grumpa said:

Michelle...Springsteen did a song many years ago called "Pink Cadillac". Google it and take a listen.

i did not care for that at all 
and the fact it is from the 80's does not help as i don't care for any 80's music outside of some orchestral  movie theme music  by john williams  and james horner  and jerry goldsmith 

6 hours ago, michelle said:

i did not care for that at all 
and the fact it is from the 80's does not help as i don't care for any 80's music outside of some orchestral  movie theme music  by john williams  and james horner  and jerry goldsmith 

Good choice on John Williams. I've never been much of a Springsteen fan...I just remembered the song.

1 hour ago, Grumpa said:

Good choice on John Williams. I've never been much of a Springsteen fan...I just remembered the song.

john williams  made the  indiana jones themes and star wars  themes  and jaws theme and he also  worked on the gilligan's island music under the name johnny williams    and james horner   did most  of the first 6  star trek   movie themes and jerry  goldsmith did several star trek  movie themes 

Edited by michelle

22 minutes ago, Vietnam Vet67 said:

Looks cool...................needs some wide whitewall tires!☺️

thank you but the eldorado in the maroon 5 beautiful mistakes music video does not have white walls from what i could tell from the few shots with the wheels visible