Model Cars Magazine Forum

International 9300 resin cabs.

2 hours ago, yh70 said:

yes u in luck..conversion by Mark Salvage and sold by Dave at A.I.T.M. ..it may not be on his web site yet , just call Dave and ask for it ...American Industrial Truck Models – Resin Model Truck Conversion Kits and Parts for 1:25th Scale

159721480_1345391995813478_1268291957420842605_o.jpg

160445771_1345392145813463_4271350842016892958_o.jpg

Thanks. I know Dave I just ordered the Mack Superliner from him today. I don't think he has added this to his site yet.

11 hours ago, James Maynard said:

Thanks. I know Dave I just ordered the Mack Superliner from him today. I don't think he has added this to his site yet.

you very welcome...use the 4300 for a donor kit.. also u may ck with Dave at Models by Dave he may have a visor of that style .. Models by Dave

s-l500..jpg

Edited by yh70

45 minutes ago, yh70 said:

you very welcome...use the 4300 for a donor kit.. also u may ck with Dave at Models by Dave he may have a visor of that style .. Models by Dave

s-l500..jpg

I was going to use an old KW W900 frame but I agree with you the IH 4300 will work better. I'm building the 9300 in honor of my neighbor when I was a kid. He drove a black 9300 up till the day he passed away. I want to build that truck.

On 4/15/2021 at 9:19 AM, James Maynard said:

I was going to use an old KW W900 frame but I agree with you the IH 4300 will work better. I'm building the 9300 in honor of my neighbor when I was a kid. He drove a black 9300 up till the day he passed away. I want to build that truck.

that black will look great, will be watching for it. thats a great feeling to build a replica of someones truck . i built this one of my brothers old gin pole truck.

SAM_0772-vi.jpg

SAM_0778-th.jpg

SAM_0779-vi.jpg

SAM_0786-vi.jpg

SAM_0797_1-vi.jpg

SAM_0799-vi.jpg

Someone made a better casting than that a few years ago, the hood was not attached to the cab on their casting, As I recall the caster was from North Carolina. The cab on the one shown looks ruff! I'd cut that off and use the Transtar 4300's complete kit minus the 4300's hood/headlight's and bumper. The real 9300's used the 4300 cab design anyway.

6 hours ago, yh70 said:

that black will look great, will be watching for it. thats a great feeling to build a replica of someones truck . i built this one of my brothers old gin pole truck.

SAM_0772-vi.jpg

SAM_0778-th.jpg

SAM_0779-vi.jpg

SAM_0786-vi.jpg

SAM_0797_1-vi.jpg

SAM_0799-vi.jpg

That's a nice old Ford. Your brother has a real truck like that? What scale is that? It looks bigger than 1/24 1/25. I bought a 9300 today from Dave.

8 hours ago, ranma said:

Someone made a better casting than that a few years ago, the hood was not attached to the cab on their casting, As I recall the caster was from North Carolina. The cab on the one shown looks ruff! I'd cut that off and use the Transtar 4300's complete kit minus the 4300's hood/headlight's and bumper. The real 9300's used the 4300 cab design anyway.

i knew some one on here would have something negative to say about the cab..i guess u never did any resin .90% of good quality resin cabs still need a little sanding- touch up .

4 hours ago, James Maynard said:

That's a nice old Ford. Your brother has a real truck like that? What scale is that? It looks bigger than 1/24 1/25. I bought a 9300 today from Dave.

yes he has the real one setting rusting away..its 1/25 ..great..ill be watching for it ..are you on face book ? here is a picture of the real one .

SAM_0624-vi.jpg

Funny I wasn't trying to be negative, and no I never had cast any resin item's. I have bought quite a few that came from the seller that had very little to do to clean up. The door window's look a tad off on that casting, and that's why I would lose the resin  cast cab using the kit cab since I'd use the kit to supply the needed frame ect.

16 hours ago, yh70 said:

yes he has the real one setting rusting away..its 1/25 ..great..ill be watching for it ..are you on face book ? here is a picture of the real one .

SAM_0624-vi.jpg

Cool. Yes I am on Facebook I just don't have it on my phone yet. I go to it on my tablet. Right now I'm working on my Mack Superliner I just got in the mail this morning. I should get the IH 9300 Monday or Tuesday probably.