Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1:12 Brabham BT44b

Been a member here for some time but never posted before. That is about to change since I have just started a 1:12 Matra MS11.

In the meantime here is my completed Brabham BT44b, complete with 'race worn' tyres. I put quite a lot of scratch built/made extra detail into it too.

dscn8679.jpg

dscn8680.jpg

dscn8681.jpg

dscn8682.jpg

dscn8683.jpg

dscn8684.jpg

dscn8685.jpg

dscn8686.jpg

dscn8687.jpg

dscn8688.jpg

dscn8689.jpg

dscn8690.jpg

dscn8691.jpg

dscn8692.jpg

dscn8693.jpg

dscn8694.jpg

dscn8695.jpg

Edited by AL.

Incredible detailing job on this build. The brake lines and IP and chassis electrical wiring must have taken many extra hours of build time. So much eye candy to look at! Overall a masterpiece!

I love the big air box F1 cars of the mid-70’s. I’ve built a few of the 1/20 Tamiya and Ebbro kits in my stash and am trying to add more detail with each kit but no where near the level of your Brabham. Thanks for posting and please share more of your builds here.

I went back and looked over the photos again....so much great work!!!!

Also trigger the thought that at a glance you could tell one car from another. No mistaking a Brabham for a Lotus!!!!!

Today I can't spot one from anohter......gone are the days of individuality. 

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, I really did all the research and the build of this one.

Now Shay, me Owld Leprachaun, to answer your question............. yes I will be detailing the Matra in the same way.

Edited by AL.

• 2 weeks later...