Model Cars Magazine Forum

86 monte carlo dirt st.stock

Really not sure where to put this. Got an 86 monte carlo body , no chasis. So I though what to do with this.💡 Got some nascars that I'll never build so, gona modify the nascar  chasis to the monte and convert it as close as I can to a dirt st. stock. Then I will have something to put on the race trailer I scratched out a couple years ago. Pics coming soon.

6 minutes ago, cheyenne93 said:

Thanks. This is my second short track that I have built did an IMCA modified a couple years ago. Everything on that was scratched except the chassis.

Here are a couple of pics of the modified.

20171226_150200.jpg.d385a881a17f50831c4c4f90056e5723.jpg

20171226_143844.jpg.2cf58a5cd0b42adb50c1c2af19b78281.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good. Your air filter is backwards though. That's a shield to protect the filter from dirt and hot air off the rad and water if it leaks. NASCAR used them that way to take in air off the windshield cause it's a high pressure point on those cars. What I like about it is the drilled grill and the bend on  the side skirts like so many of those cars run. I ran dirt for years before going asphalt and road courses. 

I love this build. Cannot wait to see her slinging dirt!

Can I toss in some advise? Get some 1/48, 'O' scale, 7/8 head Archer rivets (made for railroaders) for along those side skirts, spoiler, nose, ect.  I used the 1/2" head rivets on a truck build and they look good but to small so the 7/8 should be good.

Edited by Sledsel