Model Cars Magazine Forum

*Willys Gasser*

To me the 1941 Willys is the best looking gasser.  I have seen a ton of pics online and just love the way they look.   I plan on getting one down the road to build and I'm looking at the Reveal Big John Mazmanian 1941 Willys.  Show me what you have, what brand, and what year.

1 hour ago, TransAmMike said:

Friend of mine sent this picture from the Rod Run in Gatlinberg.

A bit extreme for me:

1256102270_85470(2).jpg.4d8d3e921b5cfe4ab3046ed5e9f1194b.jpg

That's nice looking.  Looks like that took a #15 shoe horn to get that engine in the business end of that Willow.

7 hours ago, Zippi said:

Mike, is that 40 Willys (Revelle or amt) box stock or is that a different engine and wheels?  If so, what is the engine out of?

Pretty sure it's the Revell kit, the box is packed away.  It is an out of box build, no mods other than the plug wires.

6 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Pretty sure it's the Revell kit, the box is packed away.  It is an out of box build, no mods other than the plug wires.

Dang dude it looks sharp. Can't wait to get the 41 kit.  I just don't think at this point I'm good enough and I don't want to do the kit any injustices.  Still need to hone my craft.  The painting is my nemesis but I'm working on it.     

1 minute ago, Zippi said:

Dang dude it looks sharp. Can't wait to get the 41 kit.  I just don't think at this point I'm good enough and I don't want to do the kit any injustices.  Still need to hone my craft.  The painting is my nemesis but I'm working on it.     

If I remember, this was a super easy build Bob.

5 minutes ago, Zippi said:

Bob, it's actually the '41 Willys Street Rod Revell kit. Has the red and black car on the box.

1 minute ago, TransAmMike said:

Bob, it's actually the '41 Willys Street Rod Revell kit. Has the red and black car on the box.

Yup.  I think the one I'm shooting for is the 41 Drag Coupe "Big John Mazmanian" kit.  

2 hours ago, Deuces ll said:

That one was based off a real car that HOTROD did an article on... I think I still have the magazine....🤔🙄

I think your right Guido.  Use to love seeing Stone woods & Cook go up against Big Jon Mazmanian.  Two of the best.

What I so much wish is that they'd make Willys kits with an option to build them stock and the same for Kaiser Henry J kits. I did finally find some stock Kaiser Henry J's in 1/25th scale, but they are original dealer promos that I bought on ebay and although the body is surprisingly accurate and no warp at all, no interiors and just metal plates for the chassis. 

1 hour ago, John1955 said:

What I so much wish is that they'd make Willys kits with an option to build them stock and the same for Kaiser Henry J kits. I did finally find some stock Kaiser Henry J's in 1/25th scale, but they are original dealer promos that I bought on ebay and although the body is surprisingly accurate and no warp at all, no interiors and just metal plates for the chassis. 

Yeah that option for the Willy's would be nice.  The old gassers in kit or about like the real gassers.....just fading away.  The Henry J gassers were pretty kewl.  The Big John Mazmanian AUSTIN GASSER “FOOTBALL”  would be a pretty nice kit for Revell to come out with.  

Austin-Big-John-Mazmanian-Football-Gasser-15-740x494.jpg

Austin-Big-John-Mazmanian-Football-Gasser-5-740x494.jpg