Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name that car (Game)

AL.

19 minutes ago, Pete75 said:

She is a less well-known member of an exotic family. Her younger sister was a pin-up in the era you mention...

this is my only guess. i dont think its quite right, but its my guess. jarama. even this, i checked google for every car i could think of and had no luck

lamborghini-jarama-xp1110356scb.jpg

Edited by youpey

2 minutes ago, youpey said:

this is my only guess. i dont think its quite right, but its my guess. jarama. even this, i checked google for every car i could think of and had no luck

A fine guess, sir. But not quite right...

41 minutes ago, Venom said:

1976 Lamborghini Silhouette?

DE8C1089-0C33-4498-80E6-EBA7483AF433.jpeg.11ec95f0bf79465a9d07866e150a3a6f.jpeg

In the interests of fairness, I have to give it to you: it's as close as my guess was with the Honda. The actual model is the Urraco (1973-79), but the only real difference is some body kit. Well done Josh and over to you.

LAM013-4-1.jpg.d8c3eeb2ccd6d38b885a806ac8a41475.jpg

I've seen this before. If it's what I think it is, it's by a modern car builder and available now, also as a convertible and in '65/'66 versions. Custom made one at a time ,,, and extremely expensive.

BUT, darned if I can remember the name of the builder.

This car is very rare, so here’s some more hints: Other than being 100% handmade, there is one single feature that is very reminiscent of Ferrari. ....Also, It is a production car.

C279C600-BD90-49CF-BBFF-77185ED4AA94.jpeg.2fc48a125923612d6a39531090a60fae.jpeg

Edited by Venom

33 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

Yea, you win, we don't know what it is. 

I think you could post a full pic of the thing and we still wouldn't know.

Some obscure outfit re-bodying newer Mustangs with older skins.

Custom car that looks like “            “ would probably be a good Google search. Practically a giveaway.

2 hours ago, Venom said:

Custom car that looks like “            “ would probably be a good Google search. Practically a giveaway.

Aviar Motors equus bass russian made with tesla guts and mustang body

3628916c8e8e001ae7fbb533006cd486.jpg

equus-bass-770-xl.jpg

Edited by youpey

im 99% sure my guess is correct since i found the exact picture posted on the page (to keep the game going). here is my choice. 

CLUE: it might be too easy to guess for people in europe, and In the USA it might be harder to guess

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by youpey

2 hours ago, youpey said:

Aviar Motors equus bass russian made with tesla guts and mustang body

3628916c8e8e001ae7fbb533006cd486.jpg

equus-bass-770-xl.jpg

Sorry, I was busy with other life things. I was going to give it to you anyway since you found the correct pictures and have the name in there, but your info is all jacked up .... 

The car IS the Equus Bass 770, but it has nothing to do with Aviar Motors or Tesla and was not made in Russia.

The car is made in Detroit, USA entirely by hand. They take over 5,000 hours to produce each one. The introduction year was 2013 or 2014. From my understanding there are 15 units made a year. The body design idea was to combine elements of different classic muscle cars, (not only the Mustang). They carry a price tag of $250,000.

The following pic shows the emblem which (as per hint) is reminiscent of the Ferrari emblem, but actually appears to be a combination of the Lamborghini bull’s stance and Ferrari’s stallion.

97E5DF8A-4D2D-4E7A-866A-2A128A2BC330.png.d4364833d5daa22f52abe7b6902dfa73.png

Edited by Venom

1 hour ago, youpey said:

im 99% sure my guess is correct since i found the exact picture posted on the page (to keep the game going). here is my choice. 

CLUE: it might be too easy to guess for people in europe, and In the USA it might be harder to guess

maxresdefault.jpg

Yours must be this Ram Power Wagon?

3812915B-E824-409A-9087-7AE2401C69EC.jpeg.92a6874556c8320411912143ea85a532.jpeg

Edited by Venom

17 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I've seen this before. If it's what I think it is, it's by a modern car builder and available now, also as a convertible and in '65/'66 versions. Custom made one at a time ,,, and extremely expensive.

BUT, darned if I can remember the name of the builder.

Hey Steve, I knew you were totally on to it when you posted this, except the convertible part and the ‘65/‘66 thing. I honestly didn’t realize it was going to be that difficult to figure out, but I think you were the only one who had any actual knowledge of it despite not being able to remember the name...Oh well, shucks. (Equus Bass 770)

Edited by Venom