Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name that car (Game)

AL.

38 minutes ago, Venom said:

Hey Steve, I knew you were totally on to it when you posted this, except the convertible part and the ‘65/‘66 thing. I honestly didn’t realize it was going to be that difficult to figure out, but I think you were the only one who had any actual knowledge of it despite not being able to remember the name...Oh well, shucks. (Equus Bass 770)

Yea, It's the one I was thinking of. I'm pretty good on remembering cars, but names, not so much. LOL

The '65/'66 ones I was thinking of are the Revology Cars reproductions. Got them jumbled together and was thinking one company did both.

1 hour ago, Venom said:

Sorry, I was busy with other life things. I was going to give it to you anyway since you found the correct pictures and have the name in there, but your info is all jacked up .... 

The car IS the Equus Bass 770, but it has nothing to do with Aviar Motors or Tesla and was not made in Russia.

The car is made in Detroit, USA entirely by hand. They take over 5,000 hours to produce each one. The introduction year was 2013 or 2014. From my understanding there are 15 units made a year. The body design idea was to combine elements of different classic muscle cars, (not only the Mustang). They carry a price tag of $250,000.

The following pic shows the emblem which (as per hint) is reminiscent of the Ferrari emblem, but actually appears to be a combination of the Lamborghini bull’s stance and Ferrari’s stallion.

i guess i got it mixed up with 2 different articles. this is the one with the tesla guts. when i searched equus bass, this came up too. i mixed multiple cars

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2021-ford-mustang-r67-by-aviar-motors-ar189225.html

Edited by youpey

4 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

obviously a Mustang fastback.

But I'm not a Mustang guy, so not sure what year.

I'll guess 1966.

Steve

that is correct (65, but they are almost identical) 

1965-ford-mustang-2-2-fastback.jpg

Edited by youpey

1 hour ago, stitchdup said:

1961 buick electra?

I’ll give it to you, but it’s not an Electra.

The Electra actually had a more formal roof line, same as the ‘61 Cadillac coupes.

This photo is a ‘61 Buick Invicta. 
The interior upholstery pattern was unique to the Invicta sport coupe.

mc-1961-buick-invicta-20151116

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Cpt Tuttle said:

Ford Consul?

LOL!...I think this thread’s been abandoned.... The poster for the image you’re guessing on was supposed to have made a response after 48 hours if nobody could guess it..... It’s now been nearly a month and a half.

I think you made a pretty good guess though.