Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 dodge challenger concept car

michelle

i  modified a amt 2008 challenger srt8  to make this it is very interesting how little  the concept car  design was changed when it went into production  
i could not tell  exactlly what collor the car was  alot of pictures it looks red  and a few  it looked orange  so  i choose red  
even if it  was orange  i would have choose to paint it red  as i do not like the color orange on dodge cars  except for burnt orange  i don't mind orange on  chrysler annd plymouth cars  or on dodge suvs and tucks but  not cars  ecpecilly chargers of any year  

IMG_1732.JPG

IMG_1731.JPG

IMG_1730.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

IMG_1736.JPG

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1734.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1739.JPG

42 minutes ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Looks good. It's one of your best. The original was probably Hemi Orange.  Interior looks good.  The shifters are tan and the radio touch screen is blue though.

thank you this is the interior of the concept car 

2006_Dodge_ChallengerConcept9.jpg

dodge-challenger-rt-concept-2007-494787.jpg

Edited by michelle

1 hour ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Quite a bit different than the production cars. 

overall  it is not that different only  the grille headlights the guages and center consule and radio  exhaust tips and no visible gas cap  were different from the production cars   the rest of the body and interior  remained the same  

17 hours ago, michelle said:

overall  it is not that different only  the grille headlights the guages and center consule and radio  exhaust tips and no visible gas cap  were different from the production cars   the rest of the body and interior  remained the same  

Yeah, the body's the same, but the interior is quite different.  Wish my seats were that nice.  lol   It's a bit more ornate than the production.  Glad they didn't got with that much stainless in the production interior; the stainless around my shifter blinds me while driving sometimes.  The color contrast on the doors would have been cool as well.  

Also, is it me, or are the vent windows down in that photo?  The production cars are fixed.  That would be cool if they did roll down though. 

10 minutes ago, Hard_2_Handle_454 said:

Yeah, the body's the same, but the interior is quite different.  Wish my seats were that nice.  lol   It's a bit more ornate than the production.  Glad they didn't got with that much stainless in the production interior; the stainless around my shifter blinds me while driving sometimes.  The color contrast on the doors would have been cool as well.  

Also, is it me, or are the vent windows down in that photo?  The production cars are fixed.  That would be cool if they did roll down though. 

yeah those windows were able to  go down like the ones from the 70's could