Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Peterbilt 359

This kit is a different tooling originally issued by Revell Germany back in 1982...and it's for sure a full detail kit.
Some differences are that the Snap kit has a Cat 3406 engine and a short sleeper, the Revell Germany kit has a Cummins Dual Turbo NTC 475 engine and a longer sleeper.

18 minutes ago, keyser said:

I don’t know trucks well but have the Pete and KW snap plus or whatever that have been released a few times. Is this Pete a full detail, or variant? 
tia. 

This kit is more detailed with more parts than the snap kits.

2 hours ago, keyser said:

I don’t know trucks well but have the Pete and KW snap plus or whatever that have been released a few times. Is this Pete a full detail, or variant? 
tia. 

Pete is full detail with opening doors and other bells and whistles with 302 parts. The SnapTite kits are originally Monogram kits from right around the same time period, which is several years before they merged. 

EDIT - I see this was already answered, but I was replying from the notification. 😉

Edited by niteowl7710

Yes the Can-Do/Will-Do wreckers and many other Peterbilt 353 and 359 kits are based on this kit, even the Marmon...but that's not that correct.
Most of them are the same base kit with added parts for the other versions.

• 9 months later...

I just picked this up today and wanted to add a bit having been through the box. The decals are amazing and have real silver and gold areas, not the usual gray and brown stuff. There are also decals for the instrument panels. The tires are the old, horrible Revell tires with the oddly narrow tread patch and big humps on the edge of the sidewalls. I had hoped the new tires from the Kenworth kits would make it into this issue. This kit also doesn't have the pit fenders some of the earlier 359 kits had. The flash is about the same as the last few issues of this kit have been. 

13 hours ago, Force said:

This kit has allways had half fenders for the drivers and this is the same tooling as the earlier issues so I would be surpriced if they have changed it.

I was talking about the front fenders from the Revell Alaskan Hauler. I had heard that the front fenders were still in the regular 359.

2021074155_Revell07545Alaskangd.jpeg.6136fed9a4a32348a5b2a9a1d3355b6f.jpeg

Those fenders were for the 353 version and I think it's the only versions they are in together with some other 353 specific parts and I believe they were on a separate sprue.
I have a few of the regular 359's including the wreckers and none of them have those fenders, I don't know with the last issue but I think they are not in there either.