Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gauge face decals

I’m looking for nicely printed decals for round gauges. There’s a lot of choices out there but many are disappointing. I’ve bought a couple different sheets off ebay over the years, but the printing is not as crisp as it should be. Who makes the nicest gauge face decals? Thanks 

Best Models produces sets for specific cars. They sell on eBay. I haven’t seen these in person, but should be top quality as their resin models are!

Here’s some of their products on Scalemates:

https://www.scalemates.com/brands/best-model-car-parts--10201

I print my own gauges. I find images on the Internet. EBay Motors is a good place to find nice images of gauge clusters for sale.

Personally, I like my gauges on paper, which I glue with canopy cement. 

Edited by Tom Geiger

3 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Best Models produces sets for specific cars. They sell on eBay. I haven’t seen these in person, but should be top quality as their resin models are!

I print my own gauges. I find images on the Internet. EBay Motors is a good place to find nice images of gauge clusters for sale.

Personally, I like my gauges on paper, which I glue with canopy cement. 

They are quite nice! I have recently printed my own also.

C2BCC018-5448-4CFF-BC13-76FD37D1A611.jpeg

0887EDF7-9AF3-4618-82DE-BA395A3C9916.jpeg

Many thanks for the replies everyone. I'll check out those options.

Kurt, those decals look great. They seem very cleanly printed. I'm looking for round gauges for 50s - 70s sports cars and race cars, especially Smith's gauges for British cars. Many of the gauges on that sheet look spot-on. If you could find who makes those, or where to buy, I would very much appreciate it. Cheers.