Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:12th scale houndstooth interior upholstery decals?

Greeetings,

Searching for suppliers and likely leads consistent with doing what's necessary on a 1:12th '69 Camaro Z/28 featuring a yellow interior with yellow and black patterned houndstooth inserts.  I finally sourced 1:1 vinyl interior paint from a supplier, but alas haven't yet turned up decals to pull this off.  Guidance sought then.  Kind thanks...

9893721_1969CamaroZ28yellowinterior24.jpg.19dc028d8ace62857d4538a6943648b3.jpg

Mike K./Swede70

Swede 70, try a Meijer store in the beauty supply. I saw a nail pattern for women's nails that looked like houndstooth in that scale . Don't know if they still have it.  Try Sally beauty supply. I also know that  a lot of current women's purses and jackets have that pattern. Maybe photograph it, resize, and print on decal paper?

I found this pattern on the net, downsized it and printed it on normal paper. I didn’t go all the way down to 1/25 size just so the pattern stands out more. I’ve never printed on decal paper, but I imagine it could be done. Hope this helps.

A182B5A1-65F7-487E-A981-0C946A3EAD6D.jpeg

17D576A5-571E-4C2D-A37A-4BAEA5706213.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG

Thank you both for the leads and ideas consistent with getting me where I want to be.  I'll be doing some further research on the pattern and count per inch to firm up what I'll require, and then proceed to shop for designs that might be reduced and printed on decal paper.  Thanks again...

Mike K./Swede70