Model Cars Magazine Forum

another '32 sedan -update 4/26/21

There's been a few '32 sedans thrown up here recently and well, if ya can't beat 'em, join 'em! I have to give a shoutout to our friend ADL (Dennis Lacy) who recently made a chopped '32 sedan for master resin caster Ed Fluck. I told ADL I'd really like to have one of those bodies. It turns out Ed is busy with other castings and won't have time for this one in awhile. So, now that I've been thinking of building one and not wanting to wait, I have decided to take the plunge and start my own utilizing my scale Sawzall to drop the lid....

Here's my inspiration:

a136473207cfc237b7e290ea9e284ee2.jpg.aa8d9879ef7ee6a1ccbdd8d500721146.jpg

My plan is to keep it FoMoCo and use the y-block from the Revell '57 kit (sedan and wagon versions available) with the optional two carb intake manifold.... 

Here's the 'yard sale' of parts gathered....

iuiuhn.jpg.c67421d01eff1ecb7972b76dd5a8d25f.jpg

In keeping with true hot rod style, a serious rubber rake will be adapted. Front wheels and tires from the Revell Model 'A' series with Modelhaus front tires and some AMT wheels (specific kit lost to history). The QC is from Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland. The stock style firewall is from the Revell Rat Roaster 32 roadster. The '40 dash is from the Revell '32 5ive window coupe. I'm planning on using a Tamiya olive drab military color with a custom mix "oxblood" color interior with some black accents for the engine and drivetrain. I haven't decided if I should keep the chrome on the front suspension or go black....A big thanks to Kit Karson for supplying some of the parts..... 

Let's fire up the Sawzall!!!! -RRR

Edited by Rocking Rodney Rat

16 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

I remember that car as Bryce Michelmore built a tribute model of it a few years ago. It was the first sedan model that I truly liked. I'll be watching this one! 

Yes, ADL told me that. I know (of) Bryce, we used to all hang out on another forum several years ago. He is a very talented builder in Melbourne AUS area. I'm not going to build a 'replica' but using it as inspiration....I hope I can do it justice. -RRR

Chop looking good. For some reason the sedan looks better when you lay back the A pillar rather than stretching the roof line between the A and B pillars as you do on a coupe - either 3 or 5 window

I will take note of how you did it as I have a chop on a 32 Sedan on my wish list. Did one on a AMT Sedan years ago before they became unobtainable. I layed the screen back on this. The blue windows is a nod to @tim boyd

1307592451_32Tudor.thumb.jpg.83b0445eb6daaff4f52a4ab4c480c011.jpg