Model Cars Magazine Forum

*Model Car Preference*

Interesting thread.

I tend to be interested in building cars that are not stock I can enjoy a stock looking car but it does not tickle me to build one. I like most cars as long as they have or can have that extra to interest me, aperance, stance and attitude I guess is what I look for. I love American Iron, some 50’s models but mostly 60-‘20s muscle cars. I also love European and Japanese cars with the same criteria’s. I think I have ideas on almost al my kits for mods, body changes and definitely wheels. I believe any engine can be cool but it needs that interesting part 🙂

I am no big fan of super cars but would love to build a Paganini some time since they are so interesting in al their details! I have one “super car” in the stash even though that’s more of a GT car, the Aston Martin DB9, and for this one the plans are stock looking but some changes to suit my taste.. wheels for example I haven’t decided for. 

TRADITIONAL HOT RODS AND KUSTOMS!!!! With a few racing kits, NASCAR and sprint car stuff occasionally.  I'm not sure if I could even attempt building a stock vehicle unless my life depended on it.

32lakes006.jpg

40 coupe.jpg

image9.jpeg

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

Edited by Dan Hay

15 hours ago, cobraman said:

Yes indeed !  Info on the Pitts please.

Hello Ray and thank you. The pitts is a resin model in 1/32 scale by fisher models. But he lived in California where the fires were and wiped out his stock and molds for all of his models. Very sad. He did racing car models of mostly sports cars. First plane I did and it was really fun. Resin , brass, white metal, with a vacuum formed canopy. PE also. Thank you sir

1 minute ago, Brudda said:

Hello Ray and thank you. The pitts is a resin model in 1/32 scale by fisher models. But he lived in California where the fires were and wiped out his stock and molds for all of his models. Very sad. He did racing car models of mostly sports cars. First plane I did and it was really fun. Resin , brass, white metal, with a vacuum formed canopy. PE also. Thank you sir

1 minute ago, Brudda said:

E45C8DA8-D19E-4EBB-B283-DC9F02E22387.jpeg

DE9F1F41-542E-48A2-871C-2A8F8B491AAF.jpeg

D5F4C432-9172-4FAE-9131-C26100B3C04D.jpeg

7E7F7F2A-9532-43DC-8FE2-312745931983.jpeg

7351770C-E9C5-4D9F-AF83-8198E149CE2B.jpeg

On 4/23/2021 at 12:40 PM, stitchdup said:

I build a lot of vws and the whole v.a.g. family of vehicles is my preference. I do build other stuff too and like anything custom. Just now my bench is weighed down with multiple vws but I have a speedboat and some USA pick ups next in line

DSC05938.JPG

wow, that scratch built or is there a heb kit I don’t know about?

7 hours ago, Suburban_Hooligan said:

wow, that scratch built or is there a heb kit I don’t know about?

Its a bestmodelcarparts resin trans kit mate, he sells them on ebay but you'll need a tamiya bug donor He does a 57 too