Model Cars Magazine Forum

`60 Dodge Mad Copper Kustom.

Scale Rodder

Resincast copy from Phoenix original kit. Amt `59 Camino kit sidepipes, photoetched windchield wipers and side mirror are extra add. Chrome things are painted, not new ones in real life but polished. Paint job is matte copper and colours are mix Revell copper + flat clear and little bit Testors black metallic give some patina. In cloydy day surface look a pretty dark but when sunshine hit it, it`s start to glow like a guitar amplifier tubes and I can hear Texas Strat Blues from exhaust. Dodge is what I call a Mad copper blues.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

mIMG_1000.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

15 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Very cool!!

I’m especially happy to see that you kept the characteristics of the ‘60 Dodge intact.

just goes to show that a very nice and tasteful custom can be accomplished without destroying the character of the original car.

terrific work!!

Steve

Thanks Steve. I like this body and it is Kustom itself without big modifications. Side chrome moldings are one straight line on purpose. In the same way back light covers are without chrome to make this more simble. Chassis down, paint job, new match upholstery and there is mild Kustom. 

3 hours ago, Steve H said:

Beautiful build Teijo, that colour is perfect! I saw a 1:1 hot rod in an almost identical colour a few years back, I still plan on trying to replicate the colour on a future build. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

Thanks. Can i say you have a good taste of colours. Flat black is maybe too used so what about metallic flat paint, not too shiny but get some twist. Good luck to your project and put it to the forum. 

9 hours ago, Scale Rodder said:

Thanks. Can i say you have a good taste of colours. Flat black is maybe too used so what about metallic flat paint, not too shiny but get some twist. Good luck to your project and put it to the forum. 

Here’s a twist from one of my previous builds, I was quite pleased with how it turned out. Metallic red with flat clear.A4A46EF0-5B8E-451C-8CB5-0A0E81C705B5.thumb.jpeg.a9e09e1767d863c0515d1bd77ad182ae.jpeg

On 4/27/2021 at 5:10 AM, Steve H said:

Here’s a twist from one of my previous builds, I was quite pleased with how it turned out. Metallic red with flat clear.A4A46EF0-5B8E-451C-8CB5-0A0E81C705B5.thumb.jpeg.a9e09e1767d863c0515d1bd77ad182ae.jpeg

Wow what a build. Pick-ups are my favorites. Red colour tone is great and the engine is an impressive. Third thing is very real looking seat cover.