Model Cars Magazine Forum

Needed to get something done during my recuperation from Covid.  So I did this one mostly box stock except for lowering the suspension byt about 3cm.  This is a 1/24 Revell and is a Martini Porsche 934. Paint is Tamiya TS-26 white over white plastic. Kit went together fairly straight forward with only a few fit problems. While the quality is not top notch I would say it was fairly good. Revell is getting better and better. The decals in particular were outstanding and fit nice and tight. See captions under the pictures for more details. Thanks for looking. DSC07227.JPG.d0a3e16c489fd737283ffdf43b7cacf2.JPG

Once the suspension was lowered it looked more like a race car and not an off road vehicle. The chassis removes from the body quite easliy and this was done when the car was almost  complete.

DSC07228.JPG.5c6c292d16856a086fac1d64743220f1.JPG

Rear view, engine cover had to be modified quite a bit to work properly. It still fit nice. Lots of detail back here. 

DSC07230.JPG.602db5c3e59cdec2e71fc109082adf5e.JPGEngine detail was very nice and it fit well. I could have gone to greater detail if I had been feeling better. 

DSC07231.JPG.78b31f028e85e312e7f3c5d691b679c9.JPG This side view gives a a good idea of the stance when the suspension was lowered. 

DSC07232.JPG.1819c59c0028e3263918c9a73580bf17.JPG

Front veiw, note how nicely that Martini strip conformed to the body. I did add screen to the inlet.

DSC07233.JPG.9f7b42268b7688dab14a4ad614929d81.JPG

Front cover off, lots of detail painting here.  

10 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

Now that is super nice Rich.  A really clean build with attention to the details.  Glad you are feeling better.

Thank you Gary, I am feeling much better but I don't recommend the experience to anybody.

6 minutes ago, afx said:

Nice work Rich.  Get better soon.

Thanks JC, I got lucky and am 100% recovered. 

On 4/27/2021 at 11:58 AM, Turbo95187 said:

Beautiful work Rich.  I am always amazed at what you can do with a less than ideal kit.

Thankyou Brett, always appreciate your input. 

23 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

looks good, Rich - I hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks...I am fully recovered.

16 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very nice!

Thanks

That’s a beauty Rich, I’ve always been a fan of Porsches ... real nice work! ...Are those two piece wheels?/ What paint did you use for the gold in the wheel?

BTW, I hope you’re feeling better!

Edited by Venom

56 minutes ago, Venom said:

That’s a beauty Rich, I’ve always been a fan of Porsches ... real nice work! ...Are those two piece wheels?/ What paint did you use for the gold in the wheel?

BTW, I hope you’re feeling better!

Josh...the wheels were one piece. Paint was clear yellow with a little bit of gold mixed in....thanks for the well wishes..I am fully recovered. 

On 5/6/2021 at 9:20 AM, absmiami said:

Rich. If any of your COVID symptoms persist,  I’m prescribing another Porsche build ...  very nice

Thanks Andy,  I am way past Covid now, fully recovered.......but....the Porsche case is pretty full....so I am thinking something red and maybe  F-1.