Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reminiscing

John1955

2 hours ago, TonyK said:

You have a point there but I have also witnessed many kids who saw their parents smoke so they end up smoking too. Same with drinking.

I've observed that many people want to grow up as much like their parents as possible, and just as many want to grow up as differently from them as they can. "Preacher's Kid" is a stereotype for a reason, for example. :unsure:

I'm somewhere in between--I'm mostly like my parents, I guess, but in other ways I'm 180* from them. 

4 minutes ago, doorsovdoon said:

My first model kit was a 1969, or 1970, Olds 442, it had a customising option and I built a mix of both stock and custom. I used the custom front grill and wheels if I remember rightly, the rest was stock and I painted it bright red with Humbrol and a small brush, lol. It was probably a Jo-Han as the model shop in my town at the time stocked mostly Jo-Han and Airfix when it come to model cars. I remember one side of the shop was literally a wall of model cars, it was magic to see at the time. They sold for about £5 to £6, the planes were like £3! I can't remember ever paying over a tenner for a kit back then, that was a lot of money for a young teen then. My second kit was the Ghostbusters Ecto-1A, I tried building it as a Miller Meteor ambulance but it just looked like a stripped down Ecto-1, Lol.