Model Cars Magazine Forum

1955 Studebaker C-cab

ok, as promised here's my 1/25 scale version of my real truck-or  as close as i can get it anyway! started with a 50 Chevy 5-window and chopped it up re worked roof all 4 fenders hood doors,well, pretty much every thing but inside of bed,scratch built the grill sorry for the blurry engine pic- thanks for lookin hope ya'll like

DSCN0465.JPG

DSCN0466.JPG

DSCN0467.JPG

DSCN0468.JPG

DSCN0469.JPG

thank guys! unfortunately i dont have any wip pics the thought didnt occur to me , i was just glad to be able 2 finish it, took over a year. Yea it would have been nice if there were  a model of this, the only thing ive ever seen was a poor quality resin body that was very costly.

Ho.Lee.Smokes!!

A stude 2R has been on my wish-list for ages, but as you mentioned there's but a single so-so resin offering out there. I had considered 3D modeling and then 3D printing one, or maybe carving parts of it from foam or wood and vacu-forming, but it would be such a massive project that I've been putting it off. I've been collecting restoration photos etc. to try and build up a reference library for when I eventually tackle it.

That's an incredible achievement you've got there. I can see you thought hard about every curve and proportion. Those hood and fender forms are very important to the truck's overall look, and I'd say you nailed it. Ditto the others' comments-do you have any WIP shots? I'd love to see how it came together.

The 1:1 version must be awesome too. I see it's tubbed; is it clipped too?

Every time I see one of these for sale (not that frequently, but I check monthly, haha) I wish I was in the position to make it happen, but the reality is I'll probably have to settle for the 1/25 version. Someday.

thanks for the praise everyone. i decided to try to build a model cause i own a real one,so i pondered what i could use as a starting point, the amt 50 chevy was as close as i could find.this would have been virtually impossible were it not for the one in my garage-pics coming soon- that i could take critical measurement and scale it down to 1/25 also used many many reference photos from internet too. i got the various pieces as close as i could with styrene and slowly shaped them with 3M glazing putty till i was happy with the look of it. this was a 1 year project start to finish with life getting in the way start to finish! i wish i would have taken wip pics, sorry for that, it wasnt a priority to me. i can assure u that it doesnt look as pretty underneath, i just wanted to look good on the shelf.