Model Cars Magazine Forum

May Round 2 Product Spotlight

I don't know about others, but I have difficulty displaying many 1/25th models at a time.  The Auto World series of 1/18th cars (especially the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals series) take up substantially more room to display.  I probably have about a dozen of this scale and none on display.  It's too bad that series isn't in 1/25th scale.  

The Ford drag set is pretty cool, but I already have an unbuilt '64 Galaxie, two AWB Falcon glue bombs to restore and one unbuilt kit, and two or three unbuilt Blueprinter service trailers. Still, if the decal sheet is just WAY hella cool....:unsure:

3 hours ago, Motor City said:

I don't know about others, but I have difficulty displaying many 1/25th models at a time.  The Auto World series of 1/18th cars (especially the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals series) take up substantially more room to display.  I probably have about a dozen of this scale and none on display.  It's too bad that series isn't in 1/25th scale.  

Jim, I completely agree. My spouse is a bookaholic and we don't have the space to put everything. I have a bunch of 1/18 diecast that haven't seen the light of day for a decade or so. The detail isn't that wonderful anyway, so I don't think they would lose much if the 1/24 shrink ray hit them. Definitely some subject matter I would buy if they were 1/24.

That '64 Ford drag set has my attention! I've never had a kit of that year Ford.........and I already have a very restorable '64 Falcon I could put on the trailer. I do believe the Galaxie is a snap fit?

Looks like it could be an excellent candidate for kit-bashing with their '60 Starliner. 👍

1 hour ago, MrObsessive said:

I do believe the Galaxie is a snap fit?

Looks like it could be an excellent candidate for kit-bashing with their '60 Starliner. 👍

Yep - it's the old Craftsman kit; I had one as a kid and still have a Blueprinter reissue I built in the late '80s.

3 hours ago, maxwell48098 said:

Amazing that they completely re-tooled that IH highway tractor, and improved upon the original kits as well  Thank You Round 2!

A.J.

Amen!

That was the Holy Grail kit for a lot of truck guys.  I’ll bet we see a mess of originals on eBay soon!

And after years of whining for a new tool truck, let’s hope buyers respond!

40 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

If they offer the '64 Galaxie separately later on, I'll nab one. I wonder when/if we'll see the '65 Malibu and the '63 Nova with a similar combo?

Looks like it will have a release later in the 'Craftsman Plus' style box art.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:20 AM, maxwell48098 said:

Amazing that they completely re-tooled that IH highway tractor, and improved upon the original kits as well  Thank You Round 2!

A.J.

When Ertl brought that out, you had to heat swage the front axles to capture the wheel on their kits. Looks like Round2 changed that to a slotted peg to just snap on the wheel.

On 5/1/2021 at 6:20 AM, maxwell48098 said:

A.J.

Courier looks cute, but that's the one grabbing my attention, strictly because it's all-new tooling.

I'll have one and I didn't even whine ask for it.