Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Garage& Tools Tool set 2.

5498_1_fjm11371_1.jpg

I just got this kit. The lighter gray sprues on the right are labeled "KK" and "kk." The only parts used are the bookshelf/locker and locker door (the three parts in the "center" row of those lighter gray racks) are the only ones used. I was wondering if anyone knew what the extra parts are supposed to be, and what kit they came from originally? There's a batter box that would hold two "AA" batteries, and the random looking frame shapes. They must be from another kit. Any idea what? Is there another Fujimi kit that can be added to use these parts? Thanks for any ideas. It's strange that almost half the plastic in the box has nothing to do with the finished product.

4 hours ago, stitchdup said:

The long parts look like the ones used on the vehicle lift

While on the surface that seems as good a guess as any, the above photos show that there's no lift in either of these kits. Both the #2 and #3 Tools kits seem to be a mix of newly-tooled tools...and recycled accessories from other models/sets. There are a bunch of camping accessories in set 3 that don't have much to do with car repair, but also house the bike and space heater. The ones in set 2 are more confusing to me. The battery box, the girder/beam parts, some things that are clearly specialized (is that a road sign? door to a toll booth?) and was just wondering what the KK and kk sprues really belong to. They look interesting to me.

The Tools 2 & 3 are just remixed versions of the original "Tools" and "Tools & Garage" sets with some extra random odds and ends from other kits. The mountain bike can be found in a couple of their SUV kits from the 90s, as can the camping gear. None of it was being used anymore in the car/truck they were originally created for, so they were added to "freshen up" the 80s Era "tools" sets.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 10:46 AM, niteowl7710 said:

The Tools 2 & 3 are just remixed versions of the original "Tools" and "Tools & Garage" sets with some extra random odds and ends from other kits. The mountain bike can be found in a couple of their SUV kits from the 90s, as can the camping gear. None of it was being used anymore in the car/truck they were originally created for, so they were added to "freshen up" the 80s Era "tools" sets.

Which of those "Tools and Garage" sets used a battery box? That's the confusing part to me. 

• 1 month later...