Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Cougar rebuild

yellowsportwagon

Great looking paint, perfect looking stance and the wheels look great on this redo. This, to me anyway, is the best looking model that the Cougar ever offered. I had a friend who had a dark green XR-7 with the saddle beige interior back when, always liked that car.  

1 hour ago, Monty said:

I'll just join the crowd in saying you picked a fantastic color for this.  The stance is dead-on as well.   Did you happen to do any engine or chassis detailing?  

No I left it basically as a got it. It was a decent build to begin with aside from the paint job.

Super nice 67 Cougar GT. I really like that color, perfect for the Cougar. Great paint job.

The 67 brings back memories for me. In 1969-71 I had a nice black on black 67 Cougar GT, 390, 4-speed without air conditioning. I had some Crager wheels on it. Goodyear Ployglas GT tires which I burned through a lot. I was young :) I got inside that 390 and put in solid lifters/rockers and a NASCAR FE cam. Put on some headers and it was a go getter. We also had a 69 Torino Cobra with the 428 CJ with a C6 tranny that the wife drove. We used to meet at my parents after work once a week and then we'd drag race all the way to our house. Total squirrels! Had a lot of fun in both those cars. the 428 CJ would still beat the modded 390, might of been the auto tranny or the wheel spin on the Cougar. Definately some kids having fun without a car in the world.

Really nice - I may have bought a '68 Cougar from the same seller (attached photo is how I finished it).  I found a never-completed '67 kit with original box for $62 on E-bay a couple years ago - Only the engine had been glued together and painted red over 50 years previously.  That seller even included an October, '66 issue of Motor Trend which had the '67 Cougar, Camaro, and Mustang on the cover!

IMG_6576.JPG