Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good resources to learn about vintage Modifieds?

I’m gearing up to start working on an MPC Rat Trap Chevy Vega modified here, and whilst I’ve worked on and raced some of the lower classes round the short ovals I’ve never really messed with the cooler (and older) stuff...

Here’s what I’m working on:

AEDF1A69-A012-4240-9A47-4E34DBBCC0A1.thumb.jpeg.ba9b49d3c1a7eb74b6cc1796d221ac56.jpeg7089E3F5-4068-41B4-8FD5-90EA1D17F2B0.thumb.jpeg.88bde518a2c40d2939fad3df576b8af8.jpeg

I spent a couple of afternoons doing some research but I never really found much in the way of detailed pics of this exactly style of car - lots of stuff way older or way newer but not much in between.  Lots of old race photos and trackside stuff but less really useful references for exactly what I’m trying to build.

Anyone got any good resources or hints and tips on building a pavement modified like this?  Want to learn some stuff!

I admittedly don't know much about this kind of racing, but it's been my impression over the years that the guts of the cars haven't changed that much for decades.

Assuming that, these books might be of some value to you:

Modified Stock Car Racing of the '60s and '70s: An Illustrated History  Featuring the Drivers, Cars, and Tracks of the Northeastern U.S. by Steve  Kennedy (15-Oct-2012) Paperback: Amazon.com: Books      Coastal 181 - NEW BOOKS     The Asphalt Modified Years at Stafford Motor Speedway: By the Grace of God  and 600 Horsepower: Smith, Phil: 9780578742175: Amazon.com: BooksSteve Smith Autosports S280 IMCA Modified Racing Technology Book

Edited by Ace-Garageguy