Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rare 'Cuda up for auction

One-of-two which were exported-to France ;  the other convertible is GW3 Sno-White [sic] .

IIRC , one could order a Dodge , Plymouth , or Chrysler through a Simca dealership (back when the U.S. owned foreign companies , unlike these days...) .

I saw the Sno-White car in person in 2005 . It was parked --top-down !-- under a tree at the annual Chrysler show at Woodley Park in Van Nuys .  

Other than a metric speedometer and lack-of radio ( wouldn't get reception with a U.S. radio in Europe anyhow ) , they're pure Americana .

Talk around the community is it will get bid sky high ( 6 to 7 mil ) and end a no sale

1 of three 4 spd cars and the only one in Winchester grey . Ive seen it in person a few times. The car is a knockout in person

24 minutes ago, gtx6970 said:

Talk around the community is it will get bid sky high ( 6 to 7 mil ) and end a no sale

1 of three 4 spd cars and the only one in Winchester grey . Ive seen it in person a few times. The car is a knockout in person

What's the purpose of that? Publicity?

On 5/4/2021 at 5:45 PM, 89AKurt said:

Didn't know they built Euro spec cars!

Of course they did, lots of US made cars were sold new over here in Sweden and other parts of Europe, the most notable difference is the kilometer scale on the speedometer/odometer instead of miles since most European countries converted to metric well before the 1960's starting with France 1795, otherwise the cars are pretty much the same as the US couterparts.

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

Can you imagine going back in time to 1971, heading into a Chrysler showroom, and telling people that in 50 years, people will be selling these cars for millions?

People would think you're off your nut.

Especially the two French folks who plopped-down some serious coin for their GW3 and GA4 models respectfully . 

Now , imagine it's 1974 or 1979 , and you're trying to convince anyone that their gas-guzzling dinosaur --for which high-octane pump-gas was disappearing-- would be worth more than they paid for their house (and then some) . 

4 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Can you imagine going back in time to 1971, heading into a Chrysler showroom, and telling people that in 50 years, people will be selling these cars for millions?

They’d be like, “Uuh yeah... Ooookey dokey... have fun with that...”🙄

11 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I think the guys that'll pay 6 million dollars for a car that's likely never going to see the road and just be a showpiece are off their nut now. I can think of a dozen cars I'd rather buy with that six million dollars. Of course then I'd need a bigger garage. Lol

On 5/4/2021 at 6:19 PM, ksnow said:

What's the purpose of that? Publicity?

Yes , simple publicity stunt to draw big money buyers all in under 1 roof.

Owners name is Tom L. and he has owned the car for quite a while and YES, he does drive/ has driven  it occasionally

Interesting car, but I don't think I would buy it even if I had 6 Million Dollars left over...for that money you can't ever drive it...and what would the premium on the insurance be if any company dare to insure it