Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford C-600 Series Truck Reference Pics & Info

One of my favorite kits, with plenty of build potential. Easily back dated '57 thru '73. '74 thru '90 used wider fenders. Here is a version rarely seen, special order CT series. I heard these were built as single axle trucks at the Ford assembly plant and driven to Hendrickson for the tandem conversion. This one begs for a heavy duty trash compactor. body

IMG_5155.JPG

• 1 month later...

OOOHHH!!:wub:

Like the way that they have used the C-series cab in the one trailer aswell. What are these used for? Road cruise?

They are both converted for use as RVs, recreational vehicles. One has a boat stowed in its belly, too. Link: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1246302572058255&set=a.507867905901729.115896.100000355710619&type=3&theater

Edited by Casey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Classic Ford Transport Vehicle

Is it a bus? Is it a semi-truck? Well, it’s actually a bit of both! This unique Ford vehicle was once used at the Zurich airport to take passengers to and from their terminals. It now sits on display at the Swiss Transportation Museum in Luzern. We wouldn’t mind taking a ride in this thing the next time we head to the airport!

21 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Classic Ford Transport Vehicle

Is it a bus? Is it a semi-truck? Well, it’s actually a bit of both! This unique Ford vehicle was once used at the Zurich airport to take passengers to and from their terminals. It now sits on display at the Swiss Transportation Museum in Luzern. We wouldn’t mind taking a ride in this thing the next time we head to the airport!

c.jpg.b83bb0723982020aa8c969ab5582f2ef.jpg

10 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Thanks for putting these together. Makes sense now. 

The 'site where you found the image does not allow hotlinking, so in cases lie that, you have to save it, then upload it directly here to the forum.

I wonder if this truck was once used as a firefighting rig at the airport? Not sure if that's a giant nozzle on the roof of the cab or not.

I have seen pusher-axle setups on more modern european trucks but did not know that is was also used in the states back in the day.
On the modelside of thing I have just started a little work on a C-series kit, not AMTs one but a 1:87 (H0) one made in Denmark by Heljan Con-cor:
1_429367d1f84ccf48a6f071e9ccfe07b2.jpg
I stole this picture from anohter site as I do not have any pictures of the kit myself yet but I will post some of it later. It is a neat little kit with tilting cab and moving ramps on the trailer. I got it for free when I bought some other kits at the Norwegian Challenge modelshow some weeks ago.

And here is a picture of a built one:
FORD%20C800%20SEMI%20PORTE%20AUTO%20'AUT
http://www.87thscale.info/models_by_Jean-Marc_Bergez.htm

Edited by Atmobil

34 minutes ago, Atmobil said:

On the modelside of thing I have just started a little work on a C-series kit, not AMTs one but a 1:87 (H0) one made in Denmark by Heljan Con-cor:
1_429367d1f84ccf48a6f071e9ccfe07b2.jpg

I've been chasing one of those 1/87 kits (available here in Revell boxing too), as well as the same cab with a van trailer. For clean, unstarted kits, they often bring as much or more than 1/25 scale truck kits these days.

Lotsa moolah for a tiny model.

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I've been chasing one of those 1/87 kits (available here in Revell boxing too), as well as the same cab with a van trailer. For clean, unstarted kits, they often bring as much or more than 1/25 scale truck kits these days.

Lotsa moolah for a tiny model.

Things must be different on your side of the planet then. The seller that gave this to me had tried to sell it for 50 Kroner (6$ in today exchange rate) and had not been able to sell it. When I looked at the kit at the same time as buying a couple of others he said I could have that as a bonus on the deal.
If Revell released them one could hope that the molds are not destroyed and that they could some day be reissued again.