Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya 1/20 Williams FW13B WIP

9 hours ago, plasticprime said:

Thanks - I've never built anything with this kind of decal load, so it should be an "interesting" experience. 

I had a decent build going on one of these and the decals were awful. It wound up in the bottom of my stash pile. ☹️

I have built this kit and just for your info, I airbrushed all the graphics. Covering large areas with decal is tricky and often they wrinkle and this shows badly.  Also since this kit is fairly old now you might want to test your decals so they don't crack. Use a small one you know you can replace. If they are going to crack then you will need to coat them with clear.  Hope this helps you and good luck with the build .  They really are very nice kits. 

On 5/8/2021 at 7:50 AM, Rich Chernosky said:

I have built this kit and just for your info, I airbrushed all the graphics. Covering large areas with decal is tricky and often they wrinkle and this shows badly.  Also since this kit is fairly old now you might want to test your decals so they don't crack. Use a small one you know you can replace. If they are going to crack then you will need to coat them with clear.  Hope this helps you and good luck with the build .  They really are very nice kits. 

Thanks! I'll take your advice and test a small one before diving all the way in.