Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grex Tritium.TG or GSI Creos Mr. Airbrush Procon Boy PS-290

I'm looking at these 2 airbrushes: Grex Tritium.TG or GSI Creos Mr. Airbrush Procon Boy PS-290 .  They both seem similar and both have a fan spray cap option.  I'm thinking one or both of these would be good for spraying bodies with clear.

http://www.grexusa.com/grexairbrush/products.php5?id=Tritium.TG

https://www.mr-hobby.com/en/product3/category_2/19.html

I'd appreciate any thoughts or opinions on these.

Edited by crowe-t

2 hours ago, Glen Powers said:

Mike, I have the Grex TG3 and the fan spray cap and love it. This is a high quality product and no  doubt you would be happy with it.

Glen

I was going to get the TG5 with the .5mm needle.  Would that be overkill for spraying clear lacquer?

I currently have a Iwata Eclipse and use a .5mm needle when spraying clear lacquer.

15 hours ago, crowe-t said:

I was going to get the TG5 with the .5mm needle.  Would that be overkill for spraying clear lacquer?

I currently have a Iwata Eclipse and use a .5mm needle when spraying clear lacquer.

Mike I purchased my Grex airbrush when it first came out and they recommended the size 3 to me. I use it for all my painting using both the standard and fan cap. I would imagine that either size could be made to work and you could also contact them to get their input.

Good luck

Glen