Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg, 1964 Plymouth Belvedere

doorsovdoon

I've been wanting to build this '64 Belvedere kit since I seen the recent re-release but being in the UK they took an age to arrive, so I picked this older one up on ebay when I saw it. Great kit, I loved building this. No fit issues, everything go's together perfectly and it's a very nicely detailed kit. For a high parts count build it felt a lot more simple than what it is, probably due to how well it go's together. Body colour is Tonic Blue. The interior is two tone, Tonic Blue and Moonstone Blue, but only shows under certain light as the two colours are very similar. Awesome kit, I love it, highly recommended.

DSC00230.JPG

DSC00231.JPG

DSC00232.JPG

DSC00233.JPG

Hey Gareth, really love this very well executed stock build of this classic ‘64 Ply kit, super clean, amazing foil work, beautiful interior with an amazing dash, period correct beautiful metallic blue. I built the AMT “Lawman” SS version of this kit and agree with you that it’s a joy to build and more realistic looking IMO than the ‘64 Dodge version. And your natural light photos are actually pretty good. Thanks for posting!

2 hours ago, papajohn97 said:

Hey Gareth, really love this very well executed stock build of this classic ‘64 Ply kit, super clean, amazing foil work, beautiful interior with an amazing dash, period correct beautiful metallic blue. I built the AMT “Lawman” SS version of this kit and agree with you that it’s a joy to build and more realistic looking IMO than the ‘64 Dodge version. And your natural light photos are actually pretty good. Thanks for posting!

Cheers, John. Kind words indeed, thank you. On my laptop the pictures look dark, so I signed in through my games console on my TV and yes, they look ok surprisingly. I'll post the rest of the pictures later.

18 hours ago, 1959scudetto said:

Very nice build of this early mopar, Gareth - I love the cleanlook with the blackwall tires (I think you used a lot of Bare-metal foil on this one!)

Thanks, Helmut. Yes, the foiling was quite the grind on this one, haha.

18 hours ago, Tom99 said:

Nice.

Thanks, Tom.

16 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Looks really good Gareth, great detailing work on the front grille and interior.

Cheers, Nigel.

16 hours ago, Hoffman said:

Outstanding!! With the right background, you could easily convince people it was a full size vehicle. Well done, Muldoon! 😄

Thanks, Tim. I have some diorama ideas in mind from looking through the diorama section, they really bring the models to life.

16 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Well done.  Try photographing it on white poster board. 

Thanks, Lee. I tried that and it comes out too dark, with the flash on it just white's out. Even when the light is right it blurs the subject but the background is always crystal clear. I've tried three different cameras and I get the same results.

12 hours ago, espo said:

Another great looking build, very realistic looking as well. 

Thanks, Dave. I think the paint is the same colour I used on my Buick Electra, it has a slight hint of lilac.

12 hours ago, charger74 said:

Very nice 

Cheers, Eric.

12 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Great looking Belvedere!

Cheers, Larry.

41 minutes ago, AMT68 said:

Great looking build with respect to the detailing and paint work. 

Nice idea with the corrugated backdrop. Did you backlight the corrugated card or was it a sunny day when photographed?

Thanks, Tom. I took the picture in my kitchen near the window, the card is just reflecting the light from it. When I used the flash it looked like a nuke went off! haha,