Model Cars Magazine Forum

Melrose Missile Topless AWB

Posted (edited)

Love these topless funnies, a short period in FC evolution (‘66-‘67?). Did you use the Speed City resin set for this build? I wonder if it might not be too much work to convert the recent Moebius AWB ‘65 Ply Golden Commando kit into this topless version? Cut off the roof, add a sheet of Evergreen styrene and a long diagonal cut section of styrene tubing?...

Your build made me search for other topless FC’s on this forum, only came up with John Teresi’s beautiful Flying Dutchman and amazing Beach City ‘Vette builds. Anyone ever build a topless Canuck Nova?

Thank you Dave for pulling this one out of your archives and sharing this beautifully executed and unusual drag car. You’ve inspired me!

Edited by papajohn97
Corrected punctuation

7 hours ago, papajohn97 said:

Love these topless funnies, a short period in FC evolution (‘66-‘67?). Did you use the Speed City resin set for this build? I wonder if it might not be too much work to convert the recent Moebius AWB ‘65 Ply Golden Commando kit into this topless version? Cut off the roof, add a sheet of Evergreen styrene and a long diagonal cut section of styrene tubing?...

Your build made me search for other topless FC’s on this forum, only came up with John Teresi’s beautiful Flying Dutchman and amazing Beach City ‘Vette builds. Anyone ever build a topless Canuck Nova?

Thank you Dave for pulling this one out of your archives and sharing this beautifully executed and unusual drag car. You’ve inspired me!

Yes, the body is from Speed City.

Sometime I'll post pics of my Canuck Nova...

• Dave Armstrong changed the title to Melrose Missile Topless AWB
  • 2 weeks later...