Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tawny Kitaen Dead at 59

She was probably the first "video vixen" my friends and I ever really noticed. And definitely the first one whose name we knew. 

Spend tons of time with our VHS player, slowing the Here I Go Again video down, verifying that there was indeed a nip slip. lolz

Had a rough period, but seemed like she had everything turned around.  Sad.

35 minutes ago, slusher said:

I just watched her in bachelor with Tom Hanks and thought how good she looked all thru the 80’s..  I wonder what the cause of death was?

I know she dated Robin Crosby of Ratt. And he had AIDS and eventually died from a heroin overdose. I’ve read she had DUIs and was busted for cocaine in the past. Not saying that’s her cause of death, but that lifestyle will eventually catch up to you. 

13 hours ago, Brutalform said:

I know she dated Robin Crosby of Ratt. And he had AIDS and eventually died from a heroin overdose. I’ve read she had DUIs and was busted for cocaine in the past. Not saying that’s her cause of death, but that lifestyle will eventually catch up to you. 

I was talking with my wife and she never kept a guy and she went from Whitesnake to O.J.  Simpson. With just his reputation makes you wonder why any woman would date that guy…

Kitaen dated Ratt guitarist Robbin Crosby during and after high school. They moved in together as teenagers when Crosby was in the band Phenomenon.[16]

Kitaen had a year-long affair with O.J. Simpson while he was married to Nicole Brown Simpson. The information was introduced at Simpson's 1997 civil trial for wrongful death.[17][18]

Kitaen married Whitesnake singer David Coverdale in 1989, but the couple divorced in 1991.[19]

Kitaen was married to baseball player Chuck Finley from 1997 to 2002, with whom she had two daughters, Wynter and Raine.[20] In 2002, she was charged with domestic violence for an incident involving Finley,[21][22] and three days later, Finley filed for divorce.[22]In a plea bargain, Kitaen agreed to "enter a spousal battery counseling program and avoid contact with Finley."[22]

In November 2006, prosecutors charged Kitaen with possessing 15 grams of cocaine in her San Juan Capistrano home in Orange County. The authorities said that her two children were home at the time and that Kitaen had granted deputies permission for the search.[23] In December 2006, she entered a six-month rehabilitation program in exchange for the dismissal of a felony drug-possession charge.[24][25]

On September 26, 2009, Kitaen was arrested for driving under the influence in Newport Beach, California.[26] The following July, she pleaded no contest to misdemeanor DUI and was sentenced to two days in jail, ordered to attend a first-offender alcohol program and required to perform 64 hours of community service.[27]

On May 7, 2021, Kitaen died at her Newport Beach home at the age of 59.[28][29] Her death was confirmed to The New York Times by her daughter Wynter Finley, who told the paper that the cause of death was not immediately known.[30]