Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deal's Wheels "The Boss" Mustang

While Dave Deal was off-roading down in Baja his cousin George was tearing up the Trans-Am circuit in this Mustang specially prepared by Dave Deal Engineering .

I built this "Never Was" model using a DW Zzzzz28 kit and a heavily modified '70 Mustang body .  The spoilers and exhaust were scratch built and the wheels are from a diecast .  The Boss is painted with Tamiya TS-56 Brilliant Orange which is an exact match to Grabber Orange (I did spoon tests) and finished with my own printed decals .  I hope you like it !                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Build thread is at this link :                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            https://car-toons.proboards.com/thread/1884/tooolds-race-toon-entry

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave Van said:

That is about perfect!!!!! Now you need a race ready Trans Um Tirebird! 

Thanks Dave , that's a great idea !

5 hours ago, cobraman said:

Hey Bob, that is crazy cool !  Great work !

Thanks much Ray !

4 hours ago, Toys4Don2 said:

That is CRAZY!!  Amazing work modifying the Mustang body.

Thanks Don !  It was a lot of work but I had fun !

1 hour ago, vamach1 said:

Very original and creative and very clean build to boot.  Congrats.

Thanks very much Rex !

On 5/11/2021 at 6:48 PM, afx said:

Very well done.

Thanks JC !

23 hours ago, bisc63 said:

Nothing but respect! That is a fantastic build, and totally works as a tribute to Dave's style. I always loved his cartoons, and of course the models! This one is done right-on.

Thanks you Rusty !

20 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Wow Bob this is neat !

Thanks much !

• 2 weeks later...

Have been a big fan of Dave Deal, to bad he's no longer with us, extremely creative & talented artist.  You did a wonderful job converting the stock Mustang body into the cartoon bodied model.  Nice work all around.

Incredibly cool. Excellent work converting that body, I could have believed it was an original Dave Deal offering! Love the custom decals, too. At first I thought the "Dave Deal Engineering" decal read "Dave Deal Everything" which would also be appropriate in this case 😄

18 hours ago, Spex84 said:

Incredibly cool. Excellent work converting that body, I could have believed it was an original Dave Deal offering! Love the custom decals, too. At first I thought the "Dave Deal Engineering" decal read "Dave Deal Everything" which would also be appropriate in this case 😄

Thanks Chris !