Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Eldorado

Got a good deal on this a while back. It’s time to do it. This will be close to box stock with some simple improvements. Starting with lowering the front end so it’s not aiming for the sky. I will move the distributor to the front of the engine where it belongs and make some other corrections. Keeping it pretty simple.

D907A94A-F3A7-4DB3-BEFF-B7616143A14B.jpeg

1184071D-66BA-4EE4-B433-DEF916FB031C.jpeg

Looking good I had one i bought used in 70 payed $23.00.00 for it the color was the dark green like yours i had a white top and inside the guy i bought it from kept it like new in 71 i took my girlfriend to dinner to the 95th that was at the top of the sears tower in Chicago we came out and it was gone.!! I have the JoHan 70 kit same body one of these days i will get to it every time i start I think about my 67 and stop.!

Great work!  Keeping it simple and near stock is a good idea.  These original Eldos were gorgeous right off the assembly line, and their understated elegance doesn't need any extra bling.  Many years ago I tried to build one with the "halo" vinyl roof and failed miserably. Always wanted to try that again.

For those who've never seen it, here's the Jo-Han '68 Eldorado in the rare and short-lived "Custom Car Kit" box. I don't believe these kits had any extra parts.  Jo-Han just highlighted the custom version by putting it front and center on the box top.  The custom treatment and the wheels make that big old Eldorado look like one mean machine.  It reminds me of the Olds Toronado in the Stephen King novel/movie "The Dark Half."

68eldo-a1.JPG