Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello All

Hi everyone, I am a 69 year old male who just recently got back into car modeling. I started when I was very young, and went through years of off and on putting together kits. It has now been over 20 years since I done any. My wife says I'm too old, and yea my eyesight is worse now than back then, but I've always enjoyed it. I have noticed there are a lot of changes in the modeling world since I done any. The last ones I was doing were NASCAR models, but I want to get back into the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's since that was my era. My first real car was a 1966 Impala SS 396. Anyway I hope to pick up lots of tips and tricks here. 

Edited by bluestringer

On 5/10/2021 at 10:00 AM, bluestringer said:

Hi everyone, I am a 69 year old male who just recently got back into car modeling. I started when I was very young, and went through years of off and on putting together kits. It has now been over 20 years since I done any. My wife says I'm too old, and yea my eyesight is worse now than back then, but I've always enjoyed it. I have noticed there are a lot of changes in the modeling world since I done any. The last ones I was doing were NASCAR models, but I want to get back into the muscle cars of the 60's and 70's since that was my era. My first real car was a 1966 Impala SS 396. Anyway I hope to pick up lots of tips and tricks here. 

If 69 is too old what is 75 (me)🙄😁 

Welcome aboard! I'm nearly 66, and have been doing this hobby since I was around 7. I very nearly learn something new every time I check the forums, too! Lots of talent is shown in these pages, and just about everyone is willing to share their tips and techniques.

Build what you like to the level your abilities will allow and enjoy them. There are without a doubt some who would love to be able to do what you can. Aspiring to do better is natural and if any association we share is sure to help with that these forums are just that.