Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cheap thrill in a jiffy

Venom

20 minutes ago, Venom said:

Great choice! I’ve seen this one before... Danny Macaskill is basically a bicycle trials genius👍

Yes, how in the world does someone get that good without breaking every bone in their body? My Buddy was in a local motorcycle trials club. They held one event of the World Round 80 miles east of here in Rennie Mb. Back in 1992. I volunteered to help and got to watch some of it up close. Amazing what they are capable of! 

57DF3FF2-BED9-4153-BC36-56D30F7A2007.jpeg

5 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Yes, how in the world does someone get that good without breaking every bone in their body?

I think lack of fear and denial of possible repercussions is a big factor. When I was younger I remember thinking that if you have any doubt at all, (like in a stunt), you’re going to mess up, but if “know” you can do it and then just do it, it will happen the way you know it will... I think there is a real truth to that, but my problem was that I would always end up just thinking... “yeah, but what if...?” ...Plus, I think the younger you are, the better.

But then there’s Evel Knievel... I think he broke pretty much every bone in his body... maybe he always had last second doubts during each stunt.😬

Edited by Venom

11 hours ago, Venom said:

I think lack of fear and denial of possible repercussions is a big factor. When I was younger I remember thinking that if you have any doubt at all, (like in a stunt), you’re going to mess up, but if “know” you can do it and then just do it, it will happen the way you know it will... I think there is a real truth to that, but my problem was that I would always end up just thinking... “yeah, but what if...?” ...Plus, I think the younger you are, the better.

I was a cautious kid.. but a curious kid. When I had an idea like "I wonder what would happen if I rode a tricycle down a flight of stairs?"   I'd always employ a stunt double.  And if Jimmy made it, I'd do it too!   🙂

This has got to be the shortest video on YouTube and it deserves to be here because it’s by one of our forum members.

A89AKurt, thanks for this😳...like you said, it happens so fast it’s kinda funny in its own way.