Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cheap thrill in a jiffy

Venom

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 1:16 PM, Venom said:

Some great YouTube moments. The clip of the dog reminds me of our Lab many years ago. We had gone on vacation for a week and boarded our dog and it was a very nice kennel by the way. My wife went and picked him up and when he got in the car he sat as far away from her as he could get and just looked out the window. He ignored us for a couple of days as punishment for not taking him along. 

15 hours ago, espo said:

Some great YouTube moments. The clip of the dog reminds me of our Lab many years ago. We had gone on vacation for a week and boarded our dog and it was a very nice kennel by the way. My wife went and picked him up and when he got in the car he sat as far away from her as he could get and just looked out the window. He ignored us for a couple of days as punishment for not taking him along. 

Haha.... that’s a funny story. Animals are capable of a deeper level of communication than we give them credit for sometimes... They know what’s up.

On 6/15/2021 at 6:59 PM, espo said:

The clip of the dog reminds me of our Lab many years ago. We had gone on vacation for a week and boarded our dog and it was a very nice kennel by the way. My wife went and picked him up and when he got in the car he sat as far away from her as he could get and just looked out the window. He ignored us for a couple of days as punishment for not taking him along. 

My spouse's great niece and her husband used to have a sweet but dumb mutt. They traveled a bit, and usually tried to get a member of their "pod" to take care of him. If that didn't work out, they had a favorite kennel that was run by wonderful folks that loved dogs. Lots of play time and Murray had "dog friends" that he got to play with when they left him there. Long story short, just the opposite of your story. They would pick him up, but he wanted to stay at the kennel. He had lots of love at home, but really enjoyed "doggie camp".

8 hours ago, Rodent said:

My spouse's great niece and her husband used to have a sweet but dumb mutt. They traveled a bit, and usually tried to get a member of their "pod" to take care of him. If that didn't work out, they had a favorite kennel that was run by wonderful folks that loved dogs. Lots of play time and Murray had "dog friends" that he got to play with when they left him there. Long story short, just the opposite of your story. They would pick him up, but he wanted to stay at the kennel. He had lots of love at home, but really enjoyed "doggie camp".

Really your dogs name was Murray ??  That explains everything, that was our dog's name. A little background on the name in our case. Murray is my middle name and I was named after two of my fathers buddies from the Army during WW II. I got to meet both men when I was a child and Murray Tetter was from So. Carolina and while he was the perfect southern gentleman he was also a partier of the first order. Thus the name for our dog because he was always up for play and he was always paid a lot of attention to the ladies. Not the usual name for a dog and everyone thought his name was Murphy at first.  

46 minutes ago, espo said:

Really your dogs name was Murray ??  That explains everything, that was our dog's name. A little background on the name in our case. Murray is my middle name and I was named after two of my fathers buddies from the Army during WW II. I got to meet both men when I was a child and Murray Tetter was from So. Carolina and while he was the perfect southern gentleman he was also a partier of the first order. Thus the name for our dog because he was always up for play and he was always paid a lot of attention to the ladies. Not the usual name for a dog and everyone thought his name was Murphy at first.  

Not my dog, the spouse's niece's dog. I really don't remember why they named him that, but they said that he looked like a Murray. He has been gone for a long time now, replaced by Mojo and another one who's name I can't remember.

Edited by Rodent

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, espo said:

Some people just don't understand who dumb they really are. 

.....Yeah, like this complete moron....

Dont worry, it’s not very graphic at all, but the stupidity is beyond comprehension.